Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expecting VDSL got ADSL

Options
  • 09-04-2016 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi

I am a new customer in Donegal and when signing up was told i could expect up to 20Mb download. I am 1.2km from the cabinet but i got sent out the old DSL router and have been connected on the old service.

The router came in the post and a contractor came earlier the same day to test the line. I rang him after i got the router to see if i was viable for vdsl and he said i would be and might get 15-20Mb. I would like to try it at least.

I've had the dsl service for a few days now and its constantly dropping out. When its connected its a solid 4.5Mb. Can someone look into this for me please. I'll send on my details when required.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

blainj2 wrote: »
    Hi

I am a new customer in Donegal and when signing up was told i could expect up to 20Mb download. I am 1.2km from the cabinet but i got sent out the old DSL router and have been connected on the old service.

The router came in the post and a contractor came earlier the same day to test the line. I rang him after i got the router to see if i was viable for vdsl and he said i would be and might get 15-20Mb. I would like to try it at least.

I've had the dsl service for a few days now and its constantly dropping out. When its connected its a solid 4.5Mb. Can someone look into this for me please. I'll send on my details when required.
    Hi  blainj2,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

The speed you will receive will depend on your line capability.

I would be unable to advise without prequaling your line, can you PM me your account details and I will arrange for your line to be tested.

-Pamela 

Advertisement