Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Centre.

Options
  • 09-04-2016 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm looking to drop off a couple of old TVs at the recycling centre up near Smyths, has anyone any idea of the cost? I've looked on their site and can't see it mentioned. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You just have to pay the gate fee €2 I think it is. TVs are free to recycle under the WEEE scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Thanks for that!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Luckysasha wrote: »
    You just have to pay the gate fee €2 I think it is. TVs are free to recycle under the WEEE scheme.

When I was up a few weeks back, there was a sign that there'd be a price increase to €3, though be careful cause when I put €2 in, I think it started to open anyway. Had the third Euro in to quick to stop myself though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

rpurfield wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm looking to drop off a couple of old TVs at the recycling centre up near Smyths, has anyone any idea of the cost? I've looked on their site and can't see it mentioned. Cheers

Most Electrical Stores like DID or Power City will take them off you free of charge

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Antibac wrote: »
    Most Electrical Stores like DID or Power City will take them off you free of charge

I would of thought they only take them if you have purchased something from them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Lord TSC wrote: »
    When I was up a few weeks back, there was a sign that there'd be a price increase to €3, though be careful cause when I put €2 in, I think it started to open anyway. Had the third Euro in to quick to stop myself though :P

Yes it is now E3 as is the recycling centre in Dundalk which is run by the same company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭micar

Antibac wrote: »
    I would of thought they only take them if you have purchased something from them,

Nope. They will take them for free.

Also v & w recycling in Drogheda. That's is brilliant place. They'll take anything electronic as well as many many other thing.

Also in dundalk and ardee

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Point to note. The recycling centre is a registered weee disposal ground. Therefore you actually don't have to pay the gate fee if entering just for that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Hmm, that's interesting. So is there a way to get VW barrier to open without paying if you just have WEEE stuff to dispose?

Also VW doesn't take paint or engine oil etc. Anyone know if there's a place in Drogheda that would take that type of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Yeah, sit at the gate and insist on them lifting the barrier.

I usually just pay the 2 quid but when I went to ditch a TV recently and saw the 3 quid, I kicked up and was allowed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

positron wrote: »
    Hmm, that's interesting. So is there a way to get VW barrier to open without paying if you just have WEEE stuff to dispose?

Also VW doesn't take paint or engine oil etc. Anyone know if there's a place in Drogheda that would take that type of stuff?

V&W Dundalk takes paint.

Advertisement