Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning sickness!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

New to this forum. Had first early scan last week. Great relief to see a little head with arms moving and jumping about at 11 weeks.

Morning sickness has turned out to be all day unpleasant nausea rather than actual sickness. I don't enjoy it, but must admit I've had friends who've had it much worse. In the last week it's turned into a blocked up throat unable to swallow freely kind of feeling and find myself burping all the time, it's disgusting.

As for food, mostly have found myself turned off by the smell of foods that I'm not supposed to have. Aversion to coffee, pork, coriander, as well. Also refill fresh water to drink regularly as the thought of old water grosses me out. Couldn't have tea for a few days after week 7 but started having 1 tea a day since then and a couple in the last week. I don't like the idea of it but enjoy drinking it, if that makes sense. Enjoying eating lots of fruit but find that it actually repeats on me more :rolleyes: so it's hard to pick whether to do so or not.
    No big cravings but definitely a leaning towards spicier savoury foods, like Mexican and Asian, but nothing too greasy or oily. Eating at work is a little tough cos we have a canteen and every day there's a different weird smell being offered up in the canteen. On those funky days I opt for a quick plain sandwich.

Advertisement