Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elysian cork

Options
  • 09-04-2016 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to go about getting viewings for the elysian in Cork?

I've heard some people say the apartments are being held off the market but others have said viewings are possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

dubbeat wrote: »

I've heard some people say the apartments are being held off the market but others have said viewings are possible.

I was wondering the same thing a few months ago. I wonder what price they would start from nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I got the price list from the EA a few months ago, I figured there might be some value there but I was struck by how small the apartments are and how high the price for them was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Just call up the letting agent, Lisney is one of them I think. I viewed one there, very nice but not very good value at the time. Very handy having an Aldi downstairs tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dubbeat

sozbox wrote: »
    Just call up the letting agent, Lisney is one of them I think. I viewed one there, very nice but not very good value at the time. Very handy having an Aldi downstairs tho!

Oh Cool,

I might give Lisney a call during the week. Do you know any other agents for that place?

My googling didn't yield much

Oh Cool,

I might give Lisney a call during the week. Do you know any other agents for that place?

My googling didn't yield much

Sherry Fitz is the other one actually, just remembered :)

You'd be looking at €1100 for a 1 bed and 1300-1700 for a 2 bed minimum if not more these days.

• Advertisement

They are fitting out the remaining units at the mo so now would be your best shot

http://www.irishexaminer.com/property/news/cork-is-a-city-on-the-up-heading-into-2016-373854.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Sherry Fitz is the other one actually, just remembered :)

You'd be looking at €1100 for a 1 bed and 1300-1700 for a 2 bed minimum if not more these days.

Those be Dublin prices. Unless you've money to burn, best to search elsewhere.

gaius c wrote: »

Thought it was a bit much alright so I left it off. Looks like a nice place to live still, there was a gym on site too if I recall.And free TV

"For your entertainment, 16 channels are available Free of charge at each TV point in the apartment:
    RTE 1, RTE 2, TV 3, TG 4, BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, UTV, CBBC, CBeebies, Channel 4, FILM 4, CNN, SKY NEWS, SMASH HITS."

Any have decent 2 bed apartment in cork in looking for 1300 now and loads looking 1500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Smack bang in the city center? That's pretty close to it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

At first I was a bit shocked with those prices for Cork, but I'm assuming that that building is considered premium in Cork, so comparing it with Dublin you'd need to be talking about places like D4 or Grand Canal Dock to get a fair comparison.

Quick search on Myhome.ie suggests that a fairly ordinary apartment in Ballsbridge (Herbert Park, so very premium address) is now asking €2,250 pcm.

http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/the-pines-herbert-park-lane-apartments-ballsbridge-dublin-4/2837951

There are penthouse apartments (also 2 bed) in the same development asking €3k+ pcm.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

I lived in the Elysian for a year and absolutely loved it - we paid €1150 for a 2 bed duplex but we moved back to Dublin in 2014 so prices probably have gone up but 1300-1700 still seems high!!

Considering they are the best apartments in cork and possibly the country I'm very surprised there are two beds being let for 1300 still. Ok it's not cheap but realitavely speaking it's the same or even less than an awful lot of inferior (and some far far inferior) two bed apartments are asking in cork at the moment. Wonder what is there thinking pricing it lower than they could get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Considering they are the best apartments in cork and possibly the country I'm very surprised there are two beds being let for 1300 still. Ok it's not cheap but realitavely speaking it's the same or even less than an awful lot of inferior (and some far far inferior) two bed apartments are asking in cork at the moment. Wonder what is there thinking pricing it lower than they could get.

They might be pricing to get them let ASAP. The developer has had them empty for years. Im sure he would rather have them full within a few days, rather than waiting for a month to get €1400. They can always up the rent in 2 years or when people leave

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Considering the recent thread showing pure dives renting in Dublin for a €1000 quid, these look relatively reasonable. Can't quite believe I said that!

But...city centre location, bright, well furnished, close to amentities. It's not crazy money for what it is.

Very reasonable. The thinking might be that releasing over 100 units into the market will mean prices might stabilise briefly,hence the realistic price.

newacc2015 wrote: »
    They might be pricing to get them let ASAP. The developer has had them empty for years. Im sure he would rather have them full within a few days, rather than waiting for a month to get €1400. They can always up the rent in 2 years or when people leave

That would make sense except they have been doing the exact opposite of getting them let quickly as up until last week it's only hearing by word of mouth and going directly to the letting agent that they are being let and that's happening since the start of the year.
    Very reasonable. The thinking might be that releasing over 100 units into the market will mean prices might stabilise briefly,hence the realistic price.

They appear to be very much drip feeding them into the market though which would make sense they were pushing for as big a rent as possible but they aren't.
    April 73 wrote: »
    Considering the recent thread showing pure dives renting in Dublin for a €1000 quid, these look relatively reasonable. Can't quite believe I said that!

But...city centre location, bright, well furnished, close to amentities. It's not crazy money for what it is.

All include at least one parking space too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

That would make sense except they have been doing the exact opposite of getting them let quickly as up until last week it's only hearing by word of mouth and going directly to the letting agent that they are being let and that's happening since the start of the year.

They appear to be very much drip feeding them into the market though which would make sense they were pushing for as big a rent as possible but they aren't.

AFAIK the developer has very limited funds. He might not have the money to complete the entire decorating and furnishing of the apartment at once. He might be trying to save face by only letting them as they are done. It doesnt look great for a luxury development to being let when the place is half finished. It is like rolling up to a Four Seasons and discovering that a luxury hotel, that is supposed to represent luxury and wealth is only half complete. It is a bit of an oxymoron.

AFAIK the developer has very limited funds. He might not have the money to complete the entire decorating and furnishing of the apartment at once. He might be trying to save face by only letting them as they are done. It doesnt look great for a luxury development to being let when the place is half finished. It is like rolling up to a Four Seasons and discovering that a luxury hotel, that is supposed to represent luxury and wealth is only half complete. It is a bit of an oxymoron.

Oh I know this is the case for sure, they are not all finished (though all common areas etc are completed its just the apartments are not fitted out so you wouldn't know looking from the outside that the place isn't finished). They are being fitted out in phases of 10 or 15 apartments as far as I know which all become available then in one go.

I don't know the ins and out just what I've heard from people who are looking into renting there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Theres an open viewing for at least 10 units tomorrow actually. starting at 1350 a month for 2 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

Premium apartments at the heart of the city center. Exclusive building. Best they could pull in was Aldi!!!! they wanted M&S im sure. so funny to see the equivalent of a pound shop propping up the tallest building in ireland TM. (i like aldi fwit)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Considering they are the best apartments in cork and possibly the country
    May I ask why you believe this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

AFAIK the developer has very limited funds. He might not have the money to complete the entire decorating and furnishing of the apartment at once. He might .
    afaik they're now all furnished? Perhaps there are too many 'mights' in this post..

BryanF wrote: »

Have you seen them they are fantastic apartments. Even the smaller ones are big in comparison to most complexes (including lots of storage space), they are finished to a luxury standard and the whole complex in general is finished to a very high standard. They really do look like as nice a place to live as you will find.
    afaik they're now all furnished? Perhaps there are too many 'mights' in this post..

From what I've heard they aren't all furnished and it will be another while yet before they are as its being done in stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Saw them up on Daft for rent alright. Very reasonable price in fairness. Wouldn't be my my cup of tea but compared to some of the dives in Cork going for similar prices it's a fantastic deal!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They look to be remarkable.
    So- they're drip feeding them on the market as they do them up- at a rate of between 8 and 12 a go- and should have the building fully let by March 2017?
    Seems to be a bit of a strange way to do things- but I guess, its better than borrowing money @ 15%.........

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

They would be nothing special in new modern apartment blocks in dublin/london etc...

They have used nice finishes in the doors, framing etc...

The kitchens are nothing special. the layouts and finishings used are just a tad over average. your not getting a million pound home. your getting a "luxury apt." irish style. an air of "that'll do" about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Premium apartments at the heart of the city center. Exclusive building. Best they could pull in was Aldi!!!! they wanted M&S im sure. so funny to see the equivalent of a pound shop propping up the tallest building in ireland TM. (i like aldi fwit)

I have lived in Elysian, for years and I love that it's Aldi would much rather it to M&S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Having lived in them for a long number of years and having a number of builders visit all said the best for size and finish that they have seen.

Advertisement