Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elysian cork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

They would be nothing special in new modern apartment blocks in dublin/london etc...

They have used nice finishes in the doors, framing etc...

The kitchens are nothing special. the layouts and finishings used are just a tad over average. your not getting a million pound home. your getting a "luxury apt." irish style. an air of "that'll do" about it.

You must have missed the ones with Porsche Kitchen, all apartment are well over normal height the triplex million plus apartments are stunning.

They look to be remarkable.
    So- they're drip feeding them on the market as they do them up- at a rate of between 8 and 12 a go- and should have the building fully let by March 2017?
    Seems to be a bit of a strange way to do things- but I guess, its better than borrowing money @ 15%.........

My understanding is about 40 are occupied for about 6-7 years another 60 are bring done at the moment the remaining 100 will come on line next year I assume. I don't think money is the issue my own guess is they want to drip feed them to the market.

BryanF wrote: »
    afaik they're now all furnished? Perhaps there are too many 'mights' in this post..

About 80 currently furnished at a guess out of 211.

They would be nothing special in new modern apartment blocks in dublin/london etc...

They have used nice finishes in the doors, framing etc...

The kitchens are nothing special. the layouts and finishings used are just a tad over average. your not getting a million pound home. your getting a "luxury apt." irish style. an air of "that'll do" about it.

Have you been in one? I was inside for the first time in the past week. They are better than I thought even. Fantastic apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Are they selling any of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Are they selling any of these?

Nope... I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newcorkonian

I've been in apartments for professionals all over the world. I agree with what others have said about the apartments are good value for what you get. They are very nice, but not luxurious by the standards of the commercial centres major European or US cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

I've been in apartments for professionals all over the world. I agree with what others have said about the apartments are good value for what you get. They are very nice, but not luxurious by the standards of the commercial centres major European or US cities.

Yeah, I'd agree with you. They are grand! Also I know somebody who moved out when the Albert Quay building went up as it has blocked their view.

You also have to wonder what the demand is for flats in the city centre. Alot of the professional jobs in Cork are not in the city centre and out in the likes of mahon, knocknaheeny or ringaskiddy.

FrStone wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd agree with you. They are grand! Also I know somebody who moved out when the Albert Quay building went up as it has blocked their view.

You also have to wonder what the demand is for flats in the city centre. Alot of the professional jobs in Cork are not in the city centre and out in the likes of mahon, knocknaheeny or ringaskiddy.

Maybe true but you have the two apple sites, all of south mall and the city centre. EMC in Ballincollig offers a free shuttlebus to the city centre also. Most of these employees are foreign and are used to and happy to pay for high quality apartments.

Whichever, the demand for high quality apartments in the city is huge. I rarely have to go twice to the really nice stuff and there are multiple viewers at each rental viewing. Rents are still climbing even though there are lots of high end apartment blocks in the city The Elysian, Cornmarket, Opera Lane etc).

Askthe EA wrote: »
    Maybe true but you have the two apple sites, all of south mall and the city centre. EMC in Ballincollig offers a free shuttlebus to the city centre also. Most of these employees are foreign and are used to and happy to pay for high quality apartments.

Whichever, the demand for high quality apartments in the city is huge. I rarely have to go twice to the really nice stuff and there are multiple viewers at each rental viewing. Rents are still climbing even though there are lots of high end apartment blocks in the city The Elysian, Cornmarket, Opera Lane etc).

I was wondering was it foreign immigrants who were taking them alright. Mainly because locals would prefer to buy and if they are paying that rate of rent can certainly afford to buy. And let's be honest I don't know many people in Cork who would buy a flat to live in. The price is generally very low for a flat in comparison to a house.

Also I find it difficult to believe someone who can afford a high quality flat would want to take a shuttle bus to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Also I find it difficult to believe someone who can afford a high quality flat would want to take a shuttle bus to work.

Take a look at London - areas of extremely high quality, extremely high price apartments and they all take the tube.

Also common in silicon valley where house prices are astronomical. Public transport makes the world go round in most other major cities.

L1011 wrote: »
    Take a look at London - areas of extremely high quality, extremely high price apartments and they all take the tube.

There is a big difference between Cork and London though. Most people in Cork commute via car and van do it quickly and easily. Town to ballincollig could be done in 15 minutes on the morning rush hour. No waiting about for a shuttle bus.

There is a big difference between Cork and London though. Most people in Cork commute via car and van do it quickly and easily. Town to ballincollig could be done in 15 minutes on the morning rush hour. No waiting about for a shuttle bus.

You're missing the point. A high proportion of them arent Irish, so therefore dont have a car, dont want a car and want to live where the social aspect is strongest. The city centre.

I was wondering was it foreign immigrants who were taking them alright. Mainly because locals would prefer to buy and if they are paying that rate of rent can certainly afford to buy. And let's be honest I don't know many people in Cork who would buy a flat to live in. The price is generally very low for a flat in comparison to a house.

As a person who has lived here since 2009, I can tell you your assumptions are all incorrect.

You're missing the point. A high proportion of them arent Irish, so therefore dont have a car, dont want a car and want to live where the social aspect is strongest. The city centre.

I'm Irish a good friend who lives 2 floors below me is Irish many of the people who live here are Irish also many from other countries but a fair few Irish living here. Many with cars.

I'm Irish a good friend who lives 2 floors below me is Irish many of the people who live here are Irish also many from other countries but a fair few Irish living here. Many with cars.

I wasnt saying that, I'm sure there are loads of Irish where you are. I was referring to the point about shuttle buses and public transport, mind you, we are getting way off topic.....

Do you like living in the Elysian Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Doesn't make "must use a car" right, though. Central London is surprisingly easy to drive around since the congestion charge and those boys can certainly afford it.

I wasnt saying that, I'm sure there are loads of Irish where you are. I was referring to the point about shuttle buses and public transport, mind you, we are getting way off topic.....

Do you like living in the Elysian Pro?

I use public transport quite a lot. I love living here, the only current issue is as it fills up noise levels are increasing as more people walking through the Garden and generally more foot fall, but suppose that was to be expected in a building with 211 apartments and 600 plus parking spaces.

I use public transport quite a lot. I love living here, the only current issue is as it fills up noise levels are increasing as more people walking through the Garden and generally more foot fall, but suppose that was to be expected in a building with 211 apartments and 600 plus parking spaces.

Hah, I can imagine. You had it good for so long!!

• Advertisement

Hah, I can imagine. You had it good for so long!!

7 years cant complain. Aldi here is a great advantage great wine cheap.

7 years cant complain. Aldi here is a great advantage great wine cheap.

Im sure not what original developers had in mind at the time however...... ;-)

Im sure not what original developers had in mind at the time however...... ;-)

Well the lease with Aldi was done by the Original developers. I would rather Aldi to M&S any day for one major reason wine in Aldi far better things like cheese and cold meats very good aswell.

Well the lease with Aldi was done by the Original developers. I would rather Aldi to M&S any day for one major reason wine in Aldi far better things like cheese and cold meats very good aswell.

But not 12 years ago when the project was in planning I'd imagine. I recall rumours of people like Harvey Nicks etc being lined up. I love the building but it was a symbol of a lot of the excesses of the boom.

Shame about their poor fruit & veg though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Also living in the Elysian now, It's great value tbh, I viewed plenty of dives for 1100/1200, the extra 200 a month for this place is nearly covered with the 2 parking spaces, refuse, Concierge, safety being gated, good insulation (I can't see much need for using the heating) and Aldi all great bonuses.

Also living in the Elysian now, It's great value tbh, I viewed plenty of dives for 1100/1200, the extra 200 a month for this place is nearly covered with the 2 parking spaces, refuse, Concierge, safety being gated, good insulation (I can't see much need for using the heating) and Aldi all great bonuses.

Welcome neighbour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Please remember that this is the accommodation and property forum and take banter to pm or RL. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Is there a gym on site for residents or was that a lie I was told?

sozbox wrote: »
    Is there a gym on site for residents or was that a lie I was told?

No gym, there was a plan I think but currently nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 newcorkonian

You are absolutely correct. Cars are pass .

Advertisement