Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monster Hunter Boardsie Caravan Ultimate Generations X G

• 09-04-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I play a lot if it, but I don't want to fill anymore other thread about it. Hopefully more hunters join in and it won't be just my blog lol.

I have to admit I am enjoying 4 a lot more then 3. They removed those horrible underwater monsters and whole concept of it. In beginning I hated vertocal gameplay idea, but after playing it I love it. Mounting a monster is very satisfying and cool mechanic. I use a lot now.

I am 30h in and only scratching the service, doing only caravan quests, but I feel I will do solo some guild Hall quests to open higher level stuff and start online.
    Caravan 5star quests finally starting to give nice challenge. Some monsters really making me work for it. Just have a minor gripe right now. Its not really spoiler, but I started getting frenzied monsters, which are a lot harder, but no extra benefit over killing normal ones, just more money.
    So far choice of weapon is switch blade. I love it. Still need to learn ultra burst attack though. Another gripe is that I don't get much choice of those blades. Only can make life 5 different ones and upgrade paths are not there. For example o can do about 20 different dual blades and 10 switch axes etc. So rathian and zamtrios blades the only ones I can use. To upgrade zamtrios I need selta Queens extract. Killed her 3 times and no luck. Looked online amd it's 3% drop from quest. Looks like in quests carving is not working like in guild quests.

So anyone still playing it? Or planing on? It's addictive like crack. Pretty much bought 3ds twice just because of this franchise. :)

Would be cool if there are any limerick players. Would be good crack to go to some pub or coffee shop amd have some local coop. :)

Of anyone would want to try online could do that too. Not sure how it works though with friend lists.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Been trying the Gore Magala again today, and keep getting stomped into paste by him! :/
    Guess your MH3 experience is standing to you in his you can tackle him much more effectively!

Edit - just took it down! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Star Lord wrote: »
    Been trying the Gore Magala again today, and keep getting stomped into paste by him! :/
    Guess your MH3 experience is standing to you in his you can tackle him much more effectively!

Edit - just took it down! :D

Haha, sweet. As I said, little bit of practice and it's easy to go down.

Makes yourself that tetsuchabra set. Its pretty much a noob jaggy armour from 3. High defence and health. I used it a lot, but I am trying not to use it anymore as it makes your skill worse in the long run.
    I am using Nerscylla set right now. Let's you see when monsters are ready to be captured alive and sets up traps a lot faster. Very handy set, specially when I try 99% to catch monsters.

I am at the point now to what focus on, got few options:
    1. Kill a few rathians and upgrade my weapon to +. Would love to upgrade to rathalos version as it has more Base damage and lower elemental, but it needs rathalos plate... Good luck with fecking that. I killed about 50 rathians amd rathalos in Mh3 amd it never droped, it's stupidly rare part.

2. Farm gore magala amd built that switch blade. Don't know how rare parts is, but I need more variety in weapons. Switch blades are stupidly rare. I guess it's mew weapon, but still, shocking. In Mh3 I always had element specific weapons as much as I could.

3. Current quest to move on is tigrex with frenzy... Not looking forward to that. I haven't tried it, but I am pretty sure he will wipe the floors with me. They are always *****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah jaysus, now I'm jonsing to play it again. Curse you, shadowhearth! Might go with the staff and bug this time...

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, now I'm jonsing to play it again. Curse you, shadowhearth! Might go with the staff and bug this time...

Go on, you know you want it. :)

So anyway, I decided to go for ****s and giggles and try frenzied tigrex. I actually bate the living jaysus out of fellow and captured his arse. It was story continuing quest and what's next is scary...
    I did cooks quest where I needed to capture rathalos amd omfg he bate the **** out of me. Those rathalos are the most annoying bastards ever and issue is I have no weapon to use against it, only fire based rathian charge blade. I still captured him, but holy **** I am not in a hurry to go after him again. I will need to though as I need parts for trade routes. :(
    Still got some time before bed, will try to kick gore magala arse and cut his tail off.

Okay, I am pretty sure there is a special place in hell for a person who designed rathalos. I did that 5star caravan quests where I needed to kill rathalos and zinogre, then killed 2 more times rathalos quest on his own And I still miss some wing talons and marrow!
    I don't know what it is about it, but it's the most issue raising monster for me. Its just so damn unpredictable. It manages to pin me and just chain stun me to ****. Hate it so much!
    Will try to do one more time as I miss only one of each to upgrade trade and weapon. Then I move one with 5star urgent quest, which o believe will open 6 star quests.

Oh yeah, killed gore magala again, but this time it acted like spoiled teenager. Got me fainted twice!!! Still managed to capture the bastard. Though looks like I will need to kill good few times.

• Advertisement

Up to the Basario now, and hard to make any kind of dent on him at all, feel he's more of an impact weapon kind of creature!

Up to the Basario now, and hard to make any kind of dent on him at all, feel he's more of an impact weapon kind of creature!

Is that urgent one where he is just a little mountain?

If that's the one, then the whole fight is pretty much to teach you mount monsters. If you will pay attention you notice that he only is one one area and that area is just one big cliff to jump around. Just bate him to be near cliff and jump on him as much as you can. He is very weak for those attacks.

Is that urgent one where he is just a little mountain?

If that's the one, then the whole fight is pretty much to teach you mount monsters. If you will pay attention you notice that he only is one one area and that area is just one big cliff to jump around. Just bate him to be near cliff and jump on him as much as you can. He is very weak for those attacks.

Ah yeah that one was easy. I meant Gravios. Just have him loads of axe mode smacks. That put him in his place pretty quickly!

So they weren't trying to teach me to spend hours hacking at his front right ankle, the only one susceptible to harm, and then dance away to sharpen my long blade yet again?
    Ah feck.

So they weren't trying to teach me to spend hours hacking at his front right ankle, the only one susceptible to harm, and then dance away to sharpen my long blade yet again?
    Ah feck.

Omfg you actually killed him like that?! :D respect! :D
    I noticed at the start that is is something funny about that fight. You don't posses amyweapons with enough sharpness. So after seeing that he is stuck only in that area I figured out the cliff is there for a reason. Quite clever "learn this **** boy" by mh4. :)
    So I killed last night few more rathalos amd upgraded my trading and weapon. Won't be back in a rush to fight those again and can't wait for pink rathalos...
    I checked low rank guild quests and God they will ne tough. One and two star ones are the ones you meet at 4-5 stars in caravan quests.
    I think I will try some online on day off as caravan drop rates are horrible! Farming those is just really inefficient. I got my food and trading upgraded a bit so will do for now.
    First, will give a spin to 5 star urgent one, which is gore magala on steroids. That will suck.

• Advertisement

Well, I hadn't chance to play yesterday, so i only killed pimped out gore magala that time.
    From the looks of it, I am now at high rank caravan quests at 7stars. Did my very first high rank quests. Killing a crab looking monster. Can't remember name and oh boy it was a roll coaster...
    At start I though it was pretty easy going. Not mm uch damage taken. Then he did an attack which took more then half of my health and I had +50 plus full bar!!! Then some other attack and I am dead... I still managed to capture it in the end, but God, it was a bit stressful after that eye opener. To make it harder you don't get supplies at start. So looks like I will need to start bringing more and farm some meat.
    All in all, it's looking great. My arse will be kicked in to oblivion. :)
    Still no proper upgrades for charge blade even now... Really annoyed. Kind of thinking of going switch axe at this point.

Which charge blade are you using at the minute?
    Here's the weapon tree for the Charge Blade:
    http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/chargeblade

I'm thinking of going for either Luna Eostre or Azure Skylark from my present one (but that'll obviously take some time!)
    Will probably try to develop a couple of the others as I progress too.

I've just started using "Dear Lutemia"
    I had by first Rathalos fight too, took him down first time by capturing him. The Seltas Queen one before it wiped me out though, took the queen down easily enough, but the drone was much tougher, and failed the mission. Will have to give it another try. Loved the Shagaru Magala reveal video, look forward to seeing what's changed with him! I presume that's what you meant by "pimped out Gore Magala"?

Which charge blade are you using at the minute?
    Here's the weapon tree for the Charge Blade:
    http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/chargeblade

I'm thinking of going for either Luna Eostre or Azure Skylark from my present one (but that'll obviously take some time!)
    Will probably try to develop a couple of the others as I progress too.

I've just started using "Dear Lutemia"
    I had by first Rathalos fight too, took him down first time by capturing him. The Seltas Queen one before it wiped me out though, took the queen down easily enough, but the drone was much tougher, and failed the mission. Will have to give it another try. Loved the Shagaru Magala reveal video, look forward to seeing what's changed with him! I presume that's what you meant by "pimped out Gore Magala"?

That website is actually really good as it says what you cam create and what is upgrade path. I got android app for mh4 database which is great. Will check it properly when at home.
    I am using upgraded rathian blade now. Got zamtrios for water damage, but it's sharpness is ****. I can't get that s. Queen extract as quest drop is stupidly low at 3%.
    Rathalos is kind of easy, but it can be really unpredictable and bitchy. As i said I have killed so many of them in Mh3, that i lost count, but in mh4 they are just way more unpredictable. One fight can go piss easy and other fight it can just pin you to corner and stun lock to ****.
    S. Queen is kind of easy for me. Just lots of jump attacks as area you fight it in is brilliant for that. I killed a few already until I Google drop rate of the damn extract.
    Yeah, that's the one. Its a **** though. First fight where I was stressed out about pots. Used out all pots+ and combined all normal pots with honey that I brought and after i downed him I had only 2 left. When it goes in to phase two, it's pretty much run the **** and **** all clearance to throw a punch.
    Won't spoil it for you, but it's fun, hard fight. I still killed him in first go, but it was first time when I realised: **** just got real!

Yeah, it's a great website, but a little hard to navigate at times.
    I've a phone app too, use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daviancorp.android.mh4udatabase

Is charge blade the Sword/shield that turns into a big feck-off axe?
    I'm slowly working my way through on that too, but I'm still on the free one, albeit upgraded to +. And I miss my long blade.

I don't understand the charging thing... I have no inherent instinct to block... but I love the Cha-Chunk! reload.

Getting my arse handed to me by the Tetsucabra. The shame...

Try watching this Banjo, really helped it click with me!

Is charge blade the Sword/shield that turns into a big feck-off axe?
    I'm slowly working my way through on that too, but I'm still on the free one, albeit upgraded to +. And I miss my long blade.

I don't understand the charging thing... I have no inherent instinct to block... but I love the Cha-Chunk! reload.

Getting my arse handed to me by the Tetsucabra. The shame...

Yeah, that's the one. Its actually very very good weapon, even if you don't use shield to block. I barely do. I am to used to roll out.
    It's actually very easy concept to start off. Star Lord already droped a good video.
    In a nut shell: use sword and shield until your vials glow red, then do reload. All vials turn white and it's fully charged. Then when you got a chance drop on monster go straight to axe and whole on it with A button until you do finisher. After it it will use out 3 vials and go back to sword shield. Then you can whale on it again. Both axe and sword with shield combos are great, so it's very versatile. Just try not to use axe with no charges.

Kill tetsuchabra as much as you can and craft it's armour, then put decorations for defence. Its so called noob armour. Its one of the best armour sets at start due to high health and Def. Just don't use it too much as it will be hard to give it up when you will have to as you will have to learn how to avoid attacks and not tank them.

On other topic, would anyone of you be interested to do some online? Voice chat would be handy, but we can use Skype on phones for that, we did it on wii u with Mh3 back in the day.

In a nut shell: use sword and shield until your vials glow red, then do reload. All vials turn white and it's fully charged. Then when you got a chance drop on monster go straight to axe and whole on it with A button until you do finisher. After it it will use out 3 vials and go back to sword shield. Then you can whale on it again.

If you want to do real damage, cancel out during the third/finisher A move by holding R and tapping A, and the character will switch back to sword and shield, but the shield will be glowing, as it's charged, switch to axe, and do super damage with the axe! :D

If you want to do real damage, cancel out during the third/finisher A move by holding R and tapping A, and the character will switch back to sword and shield, but the shield will be glowing, as it's charged, switch to axe, and do super damage with the axe! :D

Yeah, I finally nailed that biting point. I am doing it now depending on situation. Though I prefer smaller version of it. Better more small hits on then taking a gamble on one big one. :)
    So I had off today and I tried online. Joined one room and got pinned with some French people.
    And you can call me racist, but I hate playing with French people since wc3 battle.net times.
    Never use English even when I asked them a few times. I just sucked it up and did few quests they did. I just wanted a taste of it and see how it works in lobby.
    All in all online is kind of awesome! I think I will start hosting my own on some evenings and do solo meanwhile someone joins. I already did 3 quests solo and wasn't too bad. Just monsters have bigger hp pool, but rewards are way better then caravan.
    I am kind of having a dilemma now. Do I continue caravan high rank quests or focus online.

Edit: fixed a lot of miss spellings and complete random words. My auto correct on phone is so rubbish. I didn't notice how bad it was. Sorry.

I chickened out of online for n MH3 and my first go of 4, mainly because I never got terribly far in the solo quests (maybe rank 4 or 5 village / caravan?) and my crappy internet connections random drop outs. But the dropouts are fixed and its time to grow a pair of Gobuls :
    at what point is Online feasible,
    what would be a minimum equipment level,
    what's the etiquette if I refuse to use any voice chat facility,
    do I need to be proficient in multiple weapons or is it OK to be mediocre at just the one?
    Do I need to bring along potions and whetstones or is foraging encouraged?
    Do I need to know how to use the cook? (I never normally bother)
    Can a ****e hunter bring anything to a team by acting as bait, clearing minions, accidentally fainting and not being able to find their way back to the right area etc etc?

I'm pretty sure its racist of your spell checker to fix it to "resist" while speaking of the French :) you're in the clear!

• Advertisement

I chickened out of online for n MH3 and my first go of 4, mainly because I never got terribly far in the solo quests (maybe rank 4 or 5 village / caravan?) and my crappy internet connections random drop outs. But the dropouts are fixed and its time to grow a pair of Gobuls :
    at what point is Online feasible,
    what would be a minimum equipment level,
    what's the etiquette if I refuse to use any voice chat facility,
    do I need to be proficient in multiple weapons or is it OK to be mediocre at just the one?
    Do I need to bring along potions and whetstones or is foraging encouraged?
    Do I need to know how to use the cook? (I never normally bother)
    Can a ****e hunter bring anything to a team by acting as bait, clearing minions, accidentally fainting and not being able to find their way back to the right area etc etc?

I'm pretty sure its racist of your spell checker to fix it to "resist" while speaking of the French :) you're in the clear!

I didn't do much online myself even in 3, but I know basics.
    Gear wise, it's hard to say. Game is very mature now so not many people do low rank. I think best bet now is to solo 1-2 star quests. I think it's still possible to find games. If you want we can do it together. Will be a lot easier to focus quests needed, then try 3 randomers to do quests you need to progress. Its still has basic chat type option. Enough to communicate.
    You will need to be on the ball with your own gear and items. Not so much important in low rank, but you need to be in habit of always having your own :
    20 Wheatstone
    10 potions+
    10 potions
    10 honey
    10 well done meat
    5 hot drinks
    5 cold drinks
    10 paint balls

That's my 101 setup. I always have pick axes, bug nets, trap and tranquilliser bombs too.

You must learn And use cook. Its like bringing potions with you. Its a massive free boost. I never leave on quest without eating. Its very easy. Combine all possible foods amd see what buffs they give. Just always try to use fresh food and the one that has most stars.
    Upgrading your kitchen is very very important!

Was very happy yesterday, completing that mission where you've to take down both the Rathalos and the Zinogre first try, and same with the Tigrex. The Shagaru Magala brought me back down to earth though! Think I almost had it in the end, but it's fairly fierce and relentless, and got the better of me! Nowhere to hide in order to recover in that area either! So times when I was trying to heal/sharpen, it'd stomp me into a paste...

Was very happy yesterday, completing that mission where you've to take down both the Rathalos and the Zinogre first try, and same with the Tigrex. The Shagaru Magala brought me back down to earth though! Think I almost had it in the end, but it's fairly fierce and relentless, and got the better of me! Nowhere to hide in order to recover in that area either! So times when I was trying to heal/sharpen, it'd stomp me into a paste...

Yeah, those two quests actually were easier then I expected. Tigrex can be a dick sometimes though, In HR quests I can already see it being a massive DICK!
    Yup, that Shagaru Magala is nasty. When it transforms its pretty much becomes a dance to avoid death, I dont even try throw in any punches. In few seconds it will just drain you of all HP you got. I think he managed to get me fainted once, but it was still a very hard fight. Normal Mogala is a kitty compared to this bastard.

I played a bit more last night and did a few HR caravan quests. Focused on Monsters that were in low, but now HR for now. So you fight same monsters as in LR quests, but they are a lot nastier with higher hp and a lot more damage. More aggresive too. They drop HR rank parts, so you can make a lot better gear. So far there are already few sets that I want to build. I pretty much skimmed all low rank sets as they were not giving me much, but now almost every single new set I unlock has very Tasty skills and stats.
    I am working next 2 days 11-13 hours shifts so wont have much time to play. Then off Sunday and Monday, but we planned a Sunday just for two of us so I doubt I will have time to play MH4. Unless I will sneak out somewhere, when she falls a sleep! :D

Looks like I already hit 40h+ mark on MH4 and still the only game that was in current 3DS. :D

Forgot to charge mine, and it died on my when I was doing the Rathalos capture mission to upgrade an ingredient! :(

Took down the Shagaru Magala on my second try! :D Granted, I used all ten mega potions, but hasn't fainted at all, which is better than is done against the Gore even!

Man I'm far behind. But comfortably rattling thru the Tetsus for my noob armour. Turns out I hunt better drunk.

Well, I Had a heavy hangover today. So evening was in bed with monster hunter. :)

Got few things done now. Made myself almost full set of velociprey S set with g. Jaggy S gloves. Can't make gloves as I miss parts that you can get only from hr gravios. All in all turned out a nice set. Attack (L) and Stun+ with **** loads of defence. Was worth grinding hr caravan quests for a bit.
    While at it did few more 7star hr quests and did all key quests for 1star gathering Hall quests. Need to do urgent quest and will be at 2 stars.
    Still using charge blade, but I got myself black guard instead and loving it. Need to do more gathering Hall quests as those drop parts that don't drop in caravan quests amd the reason such a low charge blade selection.

My progress got sick around the Daimyo Hermitaur, so I've been filling in missed caravan quests and sending palicos off on missions from Sunsnug, which I'd forgotten about. Probably have a bad weapon/armour set that's leaving me weak against the Hermitaur, or in just not anticipating his attacks correctly. He does seem to do a lot of damage with each hit though. Just took down the Rathian/Rathalos duo last night, was pretty happy with that

Isaid it before - he is weird one. Slow and not very active, but then randomly hits you like a **** truck.
    Killed him once only, never got back to him, but he does make a good armour set.
    I kind of completely ignoring 6stars right now. I don't see much point in it as it is LR quests. No key quests there and no monsters that I would need.
    Both of my cats are now fully equipped with rank 5 gear. Each set matching. Looks cool, but I don't know how much help out of them in real world. Extra heals really help though.
    I would just recommend send out your cats only to HR 3 provision longest quests. You get way better and faster scraps. HR and LR difference for loot is shocking. I got a lot more gear just from few runs in hr, then having countless ones in LR.

• Advertisement

When do the HR quests kick in?
    I mean, I'm miles off but it's nice to have something to look forward to :D
    Went through the Basarios and Nercylla last night. I couldn't help myself doing a bit of an ankle-hack-a-thon on the former, but mounted him a few times and it was a lot quicker than my last play through. I remember Nercylla being a lot tougher to kill last time, took me a good few tries. Maybe it's the Charge Blade and Tetsucabra armour, or maybe I'm a better hunter than I used to be but that spindly motherfather was limping from VERY early on and I barely needed any additional supplies on top of the chest freebies. Christ it's fast though...

Looking forward to upgrading my blade - is it worth building a couple of Defenders Blades so I can take the charge blade down a few paths, or do I need to diversify my arsenal a little? If so, What's a good complimentary weapon?

When do the HR quests kick in?
    I mean, I'm miles off but it's nice to have something to look forward to :D
    Went through the Basarios and Nercylla last night. I couldn't help myself doing a bit of an ankle-hack-a-thon on the former, but mounted him a few times and it was a lot quicker than my last play through. I remember Nercylla being a lot tougher to kill last time, took me a good few tries. Maybe it's the Charge Blade and Tetsucabra armour, or maybe I'm a better hunter than I used to be but that spindly motherfather was limping from VERY early on and I barely needed any additional supplies on top of the chest freebies. Christ it's fast though...

Looking forward to upgrading my blade - is it worth building a couple of Defenders Blades so I can take the charge blade down a few paths, or do I need to diversify my arsenal a little? If so, What's a good complimentary weapon?

After you do all 5 stars, you will get a 6star urgent quest. After you done that it will open up HR 7 star quests. 6 star quests are kind of pointless and there is not much of them, so it's pretty much a jump from 5 to 7. It finally brings some good challenge. You will be relying on your own prep and items from there. As freebies are timed amd you will spawn at random place.
    My recommendation now is:

Learn maps as you won't have map unless you work your way to starter area to pick it up. I sometimes do, sometimes not, depends if I meet monster first.
    Use your trader as much possible and upgrade it as much you can. Start stacking up on:
    Honey
    Thunderbugs
    Sap plants
    Stones
    Potions ( just buy 100 when they are on sale half price)

Tetsu armour set is great noob armour, you can stick to it up to HR. It will make it easier for you and as o can see, it already does. Just don't go over board with it, it will be hard to give it up. If you can, build a set that spider monster drops. The one you fought now. Always forget it's name. Its solid armour, gives you ability to see when creature is ready to be traped amd you can easily gem it for +50hp. Its a great armour and will make it give up Tetsu easier.
    And yes, gear is helping you now, but at the same time you are now better hunter. Monster hunter franchise is like dark souls. Your skill gets better with each monster you take down. Good job on progress m8.

As for elite blade. Its good idea to have 2, but I would not worry about until you hit HR. It splits in to black guard and other blade that does electrical damage.
    Black guard is fantastic weapon and what I use now. No elemental, but it gives stun and has solid Base damage. The only issue I have with it: it's looks. :) I am eye candy whore and I love my shiny. Using high level blade that looks like starter weapon annoys me. But hey, that's just me being prick. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Nice. I haven't played this in awhile, a fair few months, I think I just got to hunting the Gore Magala? Not too sure. Fun game. Using Greatsword and dual blades myself. Only HR2 or 3 I think in the gathering hall. I usually just play solo or with one other friend but he's buggered off and jumped onto an MMO. >.>

Do you guys happen to use the MH Ireland FB Group? I haven't really been active on it much and the chat was mostly just the same 5 lads talking it seemed. Didn't want to jump into gathering hall with others just pulling me through it, felt like I'd be missing the experience of learning to hunt at my own pace, yknow? :p

Don't know if I have any of you guys in my list, so what about sharing friend codes, so that if we're online, we can join up, given we (other than ShadowHearth!) are more novice at the game, and can help each other out.

Mine is:
    2621-2631-5054

Linoud wrote: »
    Nice. I haven't played this in awhile, a fair few months, I think I just got to hunting the Gore Magala? Not too sure. Fun game. Using Greatsword and dual blades myself. Only HR2 or 3 I think in the gathering hall. I usually just play solo or with one other friend but he's buggered off and jumped onto an MMO. >.>

Do you guys happen to use the MH Ireland FB Group? I haven't really been active on it much and the chat was mostly just the same 5 lads talking it seemed. Didn't want to jump into gathering hall with others just pulling me through it, felt like I'd be missing the experience of learning to hunt at my own pace, yknow? :p

A great sword hunter, nice. That's one weapon I want to master, but the closest I ever came is switch axe. Fantastic weapon in right hands if you can nail well monsters moves amd timing of your charge.
    Online is doubled edge sword. If you mew amd starting, I would not recommend online right away. You get 4 people amd chances are one will be very good. It will make it very easy fight amd you will moss out on learning monster. I feel the reward is not warned to, but it's my little old thing and should not be taken seriously.

I am all down for for online with you guys, just tell me where do I find that code on 3ds. It was ages since I played with friends MH and I did it on wii u.

From the home screen on the 3DS, tap the little face icon at the top, move right one to your 'card', and your friend code is at the bottom. You can add people from there too. Only works if you both add each other though. (Hope they bring in an update that makes it more like the Wii U one, where it's username/Nintendo Network based.)

https://youtu.be/3quN9N3Cs3g?t=146

• Advertisement

5301-2730-7486

Thats my code, i added you Starlord.

I am working all day today, but I am off tomorrow. So might have some time to play. This weekend I am going to stag party in North, so won't be playing much.

If anyone else interested to eventually try to playtime online, then post your codes. Even if we won't play much, we can exchange guild cards. They are very handy. You can send out those people on quests, who's guild cards you have from offline gathering Hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hmm might get back into this if others are actively playing again, I made it to the first HR quests and just hit a wall last time, I was only using the insect glaive but might try a charge blade now too

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hmm might get back into this if others are actively playing again, I made it to the first HR quests and just hit a wall last time, I was only using the insect glaive but might try a charge blade now too

I decided to give the insect glaive a try too, for its handy vault ability more that anything!

I decided to give the insect glaive a try too, for its handy vault ability more that anything!

When I played online we had one high level fella with insect glave and oh my God, he waswrecking stuff. That vault ability is just awesome.

I would like to play with it, but it is a lot of micro management with it if you want to be good with it. I will give it a go eventually.

Just before work I did urgent quest 1star in gathering Hall. So I am badass HR2 rank hunter lol.
    Sow the key quests for 2stars and they look easy enough. Will have no problem advancing to 3 stars. Just need some time now.

I love the IG, yeah it requires a bit of careful management to keep the buffs up but the dmg you can dole out when you combine a mounted attack and then attack while they are still on the ground after the mount when fully buffed is insane

• Advertisement

Started doing the level 1 quests in the gathering hall last night. On the one hand they're incredibly easy in that the monsters at this stage are very predictable but christ can they take a beating. Suddenly stamina management is my issue, that and having the physical time to finish the hunt before something in the real world gets in the way. I might leave these till I've upgraded my charge blade a little, or use them later to practice a new weapon. I remember looking into IG last year - is the suped-up Extender bug still the one to go for?

Started doing the level 1 quests in the gathering hall last night. On the one hand their incredibly easy in that the monsters at this stage are very predictable but christ can they take a beating. Suddenly stamina management is my issue, that and having the physical time to finish the hunt before something in the real world gets in the way. I might leave these till I've upgraded my charge blade a little, or use them later to practice a new weapon. I remember looking into IG last year - is the suped-up Extender bug still the one to go for?

Hmm, I found them very easy and killed monsters very fast. Too fast actually. Then again I wear hr set and rank 4 charge blade.
    The only time I actually noticed stamina issues was when I was legging it from S. Magala that thing will beat fecking cardio in to you. :D
    I guess just get to HR first and then do gathering hall, or join us online.

On other topic: i did some research and messed around on mh4 app. Looks like 6 star quests moght not be so useless. There are at least 4 charge blades that you can make from monsters that appear there. Problem us that I am not sure how it works. Monsters are generally hr, but they are in low rank 6 stars... I wonder if it has something to do with expeditions that I pretty much completely ignored.
    I am at work all day and all I can think of is monster hunter lol. Haven't been addicted to a game in ages.

Update on 6 stars:

Did a bit more research and looks like they opened up from village quests, but you need to be hr 7 from gathering hall. So it's pretty much useless, because if you are at hr7 you will be on caravan 8, where those monsters appear. So yeah, tl:dr: 6 star qs are useless, ignore.

Friend code for anyone looking to play 4957-5492-6092

My day off so I had time to play. :)

Did a few things:

Did caravan 7 Nercylla quests, maybe 3 times. Killed 7 of the pesky spiders, but got those spikes+. Finally added one more charge blade to my arsenal. Its a poison one witchery good sharpness. So got a bit off choice I. Weapon now. Will needed kill a few again to get sharp claws as you need them to upgrade black guard.

Did two more quests. Killing Hr gypceros and Congalala. Was a bitch, but not as other quest to kill one hr purple gypceros. It actually got some nerd rage out of me!!!! It's poison is lethal. Really need to sort out gold poison armour set. Looking at Nercylla S set again. I loved normal set and new one is better defence, same skills, but adds expert and poison skills. Kind of tempted to look I'm to mats properly and see if there is something rare that I can't get my hands on.

My day off so I had time to play. :)

Did a few things:

Did caravan 7 Nercylla quests, maybe 3 times. Killed 7 of the pesky spiders, but got those spikes+. Finally added one more charge blade to my arsenal. Its a poison one witchery good sharpness. So got a bit off choice I. Weapon now. Will needed kill a few again to get sharp claws as you need them to upgrade black guard.

Did two more quests. Killing Hr gypceros and Congalala. Was a bitch, but not as other quest to kill one hr purple gypceros. It actually got some nerd rage out of me!!!! It's poison is lethal. Really need to sort out gold poison armour set. Looking at Nercylla S set again. I loved normal set and new one is better defence, same skills, but adds expert and poison skills. Kind of tempted to look I'm to mats properly and see if there is something rare that I can't get my hands on.

Need those sharpclaws and spike+ from Nerscylla as well to upgrade my stealth glaive+, im working my way through HR1 key quests right now so should have access to the nerscylla missions soon enough.

Not sure what armour to go for next, im currently using a full set of rank 4 Lobster armour which looks ridiculous

Nerscylla has started showing up in my Lowbie expeditions. He's a prick. I slap him around a little, he runs to the furthest node on the map he can. I charge through the map as fast as I can and arrive just in time to see him disappear off up into the sky... and land on the other end of the map. Prick! So I charge back through the map, doffing my devil-face-mask to the Rhenoploses as I pass, and arrive at the far end to be greeted by.... that big spindly fecker headed up to the sky again. PRICK!
    And this went on for a good 5 or 6 minutes before he fled. It's not just that he's using me as a tennis ball, it's the patronizing pantomime of looking left, looking right, "oh, no hunters here, I better move on" while I'm frantically pelting across the area. Once, I almost got over to his side of the area, nearly close enough to take a swing before he zoned out. GAAAAAARGH!

Nerscylla has started showing up in my Lowbie expeditions. He's a prick. I slap him around a little, he runs to the furthest node on the map he can. I charge through the map as fast as I can and arrive just in time to see him disappear off up into the sky... and land on the other end of the map. Prick! So I charge back through the map, doffing my devil-face-mask to the Rhenoploses as I pass, and arrive at the far end to be greeted by.... that big spindly fecker headed up to the sky again. PRICK!
    And this went on for a good 5 or 6 minutes before he fled. It's not just that he's using me as a tennis ball, it's the patronizing pantomime of looking left, looking right, "oh, no hunters here, I better move on" while I'm frantically pelting across the area. Once, I almost got over to his side of the area, nearly close enough to take a swing before he zoned out. GAAAAAARGH!

I would not waste time on expeditions unless key quests there. I sow people with 250h in high hr level who didnt do any.
    I killed so many those dm spiders in LR amd hr at this point. They are annoying die to their mass so high. I might skip this hr armour after all. Not fancy killing another 10. :)

I finally got urgent quest for 7 stars. Some mew monster. Can't wait, hopefully will dig in to it tonight!

Got past the Hermitaur, and embarked on my 7* quests, only to have the emerald congala gas and flame me to death! He really likes to jump on you too, much more so than the previous ones!

Still in my Rathian armour and using Dear Lutemia, might see what the best available armour set is at this stage

Got past the Hermitaur, and embarked on my 7* quests, only to have the emerald congala gas and flame me to death! He really likes to jump on you too, much more so than the previous ones!

Still in my Rathian armour and using Dear Lutemia, might see what the best available armour set is at this stage

As soon as you hit HR you are spoiled for choice. Some fantastics ets there. I went for velocidrome set and g. Jaggy gloves as you can't get full set until hr Basarios. I got lucky and got like +attack pink charm. So I managed attack (L), halved stun. Use defence food then.

I just killed 7 stars urgent and progressed to 8 star quests. One of the quests is 2 hr rathians... Oh boy... That's going to hurt.

Emerald conga was okay, a lot of hp though. Wait for emerald gypceros, now that's one bastard.

One more key quest to open up HR 2, really not looking forward to having to capture a gypceros, hate those bloody birds

• Advertisement
Advertisement