Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Spec Nissan Leaf SVE (24 Kwh) Now Costs 26,390

• 09-04-2016 5:13pm

When I got it it cost 28,000 In January 2015.

The SV mid spec now costs 23,990 Euro's. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

ha, just for the craic I checked the Scoda website. And for 24k you get a scoda Fabia with all the bits an SV Leaf has (manual gear though, automatic is an extra :))

Skoda Fabia ? Jaysus.

No automatic and no pre heating/cooling either . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

How much for 30kWh with quick charger 6.6kWh and cold pack

kala85 wrote: »
    How much for 30kWh with quick charger 6.6kWh and cold pack

Depends if you want the mid or top spec and metallic paint. Add 3 k for the 30 kWh and 900 euros for the 6.6 kW charger. And 300 euros for the cold pack.

Existing owners may still be eligible for the free 30 kWh upgrade.

In my opinion the 6.6 kW charger is essential, the 30 kWh if affordable and the cold pack , without the cold pack I don't think you get heated mirrors, not 100% sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

They've been those prices for ages - at least they were a year ago anyway! Probably the same when you bought too - €26400 + metallic + delivery would be about €28000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

peposhi wrote: »
    ha, just for the craic I checked the Scoda website. And for 24k you get a scoda Fabia with all the bits an SV Leaf has (manual gear though, automatic is an extra :))

As is often the case with EV bashing posts, you've picked a completely inappropriate comparison - smaller car, poorer spec, no auto. A much closer comparison (but slower, and costing much more to run) would be the Octavia Ambition 1.6 TDI DSG with a host of options - costing €30300, €7000 more than the equivalent Leaf SV with cold pack.

I am almost positive I saw the website price higher last year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I briefly evaluated a Fabia as an alternative.

Firstly you have to load the car with extras to come anyway near the leaf.

All those extras will depreciate completely out of the price

It's a way smaller car

And no matter how you look at it , dressed up like a silk purse , it's still a sows ear of a car

As is often the case with EV bashing posts, you've picked a completely inappropriate comparison - smaller car, poorer spec, no auto. A much closer comparison (but slower, and costing much more to run) would be the Octavia Ambition 1.6 TDI DSG with a host of options - costing €30300, €7000 more than the equivalent Leaf SV with cold pack.

The reason I picked a Fabia was to show that for same or less money gets you a much bigger, better car in the likes of a Leaf SV.
    Very few cars of the same size can compare to Leaf re specs and extras included in the pack and offer a better value...

BoatMad wrote: »
    I briefly evaluated a Fabia as an alternative.

Firstly you have to load the car with extras to come anyway near the leaf.

All those extras will depreciate completely out of the price

It's a way smaller car

And no matter how you look at it , dressed up like a silk purse , it's still a sows ear of a car

Exactly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Some dealers advertise the cost of the car assuming a scrapage deal which is €4000 for a Nissan. It will of course state this in the small print.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It was 26 odd 2 years ago when I was looking at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

Anyone looking for a alternative to a 30kw LEAF, should consider the KIA SOUL EV. I had a drive in one this year. 6.6kw as standard, heated seats and steering wheel as standard, real world range of 160-200klms. I know KIA in Ireland don't sell them, so servicing may be tricky but same with other brands too.

I think it's smaller than the Leaf ?

I'm not sure of the interior ?

You'd have to bring one from the North if they sell them.

Would be good to see alternatives to the Leaf. Not sure if it's as highly kitted out as the Leaf SVE ?

I would call up Kia Ireland and ask them are they going to think about importing it .

The hyundai ioniq is a better looking car imo and probably more efficient, I'd look for the fully battery ev not the hybrid, I expect Hyundai Ireland will push to sell only the Hybrid and not even the plug in version.

Register for updates, the more people show an interest the more they might take notice.

http://www.hyundai.ie/ioniq/

Would be good to see alternatives to the Leaf. Not sure if it's as highly kitted out as the Leaf SVE ?
    I have had the pleasure of driving one this year. They seemed to get the LAEF and take all the good points.
    It only comes in two colours from the UK and one Spec
    6.6kw charger
    Heated seats/steering wheel
    reversing camera,
    front rear parking sensors
    cruise control etc
    30 kw pack with 27 useable

A kind of cross of SVE and SV

Rear seating would be as same as standard car, the LEAF wins on this, more space

I would wait for the Ioniq EV only version. I'm not sure it will be available before 2018 and then Leaf II and other longer range electrics should be available. I wonder if Hyundai will update their battery then too ?

It's rather sad they didn't take the opportunity and add even a 40 Kwh battery !

I would wait for the Ioniq EV only version. I'm not sure it will be available before 2018 and then Leaf II and other longer range electrics should be available. I wonder if Hyundai will update their battery then too ?

You could die waiting!
    You were going to wait for the latest LEAF before buying the 24kw version. Im sure glad you took the plunge rather than still driving an ICE
    Its like waiting for the latest mobile phone to come out. You will never catch up. If i had the choice I would go for the Soul instead of a 30kw LEAF, LEAF are everywhere.
    Thats only my opinion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,485 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The soul is closer to the Note in size AFAIK

https://youtu.be/QWIprifxLck here is a review from two LEAF drivers

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    You could die waiting!
    You were going to wait for the latest LEAF before buying the 24kw version. Im sure glad you took the plunge rather than still driving an ICE
    Its like waiting for the latest mobile phone to come out. You will never catch up. If i had the choice I would go for the Soul instead of a 30kw LEAF, LEAF are everywhere.
    Thats only my opinion :)

Yes I'm certainly glad I didn't wait ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would call up Kia Ireland and ask them are they going to think about importing it .

The hyundai ioniq is a better looking car imo and probably more efficient, I'd look for the fully battery ev not the hybrid, I expect Hyundai Ireland will push to sell only the Hybrid and not even the plug in version.

Register for updates, the more people show an interest the more they might take notice.

http://www.hyundai.ie/ioniq/

Stupid Question time.

Whats the difference between the Plug-in and the hybrid?

And re: Leaf v Soul, how people can say the Soul is nice looking and the LEaf is ugly I don't understand. I think the Soul looks like a box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Electric vehicles are fundamentally flawed due to the extreme pollutants produced in manufacturing the EV battery.

In fact, it'll take 257,000km or 10/12 years to make an EV comparable to a conventionally powered internal combustion vehicle.

But who cares says ye, sure tis cheap tax and cheap running costs so who gives a feic about the environment..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Electric vehicles are fundamentally flawed due to the extreme pollutants produced in manufacturing the EV battery.

In fact, it'll take 257,000km or 10/12 years to make an EV comparable to a conventionally powered internal combustion vehicle.

But who cares says ye, sure tis cheap tax and cheap running costs so who gives a feic about the environment..........

That is based on current technology, improvements in battery technologies are fast moving, we are going to run out of oil one day too but who cares right ;)

Dia1988 wrote: »

What fact exactly ? or are you just popping into the EV section from the regular motors thread for a bit of trolling just for your entertainment ?

Advertisement