Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanned receipts

Options
  • 09-04-2016 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I recently bought a scanner in an effort to remove the mound of paper littering the house. Got enthusiastic about scanning and throwing away receipts for stuff we've bought when the wife walked in and asked if shops will accept a scanned receipt for a return or an exchange.

I know scanned docs are good enough for most legal proceedings... anyone had experience with scanned receipts and shops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I recently bought a bed in IKEA and the lady told me to scan the reciept as it fades over time so I'm guessing they will accept the scanned copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

100% fine. I take photos on the phone of anything i buy that may require the receipt in future and then email it to a Gmail account set up just for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're going to follow this method (I'm going to save for a SnapScan myself) make sure you have proper backup procedure in place so that a disk death doesn't leave you in a bind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wavydave

Thanks for the feedback all. ED E I can recommend the scansnap ix100. The software allows you to scan to Google Docs or Evernote and a folder on your computer simultaneously so backup shouldn't be a problem.

I am now at the stage where I am wandering around the house looking for stuff to scan!

Advertisement