Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Mercy Hospital

Options
  • 09-04-2016 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a relative in Mercy hospital and am on my way from Dublin. Does anyone what parking is like/cost etc? And what the Emergency dept is like, doc there has said she is a very sick woman but she is still in Emergency almost 24hrs later. Is the wait long for admittance? I know nothing about Mercy (knew a little about University hospital)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hi, I've a relative in Mercy hospital and am on my way from Dublin. Does anyone what parking is like/cost etc? And what the Emergency dept is like, doc there has said she is a very sick woman but she is still in Emergency almost 24hrs later. Is the wait long for admittance? I know nothing about Mercy (knew a little about University hospital)

Hi parking is bad around there. You could go to a car park on the northmain street 5 mins away. I would Just park outside the hospital as it's after 6 and Sunday tomorrow so you'll be fine. Your relative is probably in the a and e as opposed to the waiting area where she'll have a bed in the hall or behind a curtain until they give her a room. Sending well wishes xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Parking is a disaster around there. People just abandon their cars anywhere. St Finbarrs car park have an offer 7 euro for the day if you get your parking ticket validated in the hospital car park if you're going to be there all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thank you everyone. Parking hasn't been too bad the weekend. I've passed on the info to the immediate family who are staying on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Park in the St Finbarr's QPark and ask at the shop on the 2nd floor of the main building of the hospital for a "QPark Ticket". You'll get a discount ticket that will get you 24 hours max of parking for €7. Handy if you want to spend more than 3 hours at the hospital or if you've an OPD appt. etc. There are signs advertising this in the hospital and inside the lifts but many people don't spot it. The shop is on the second floor of the Lee View Block (the "old" side). Hope your relative is OK mirrorwall14. Admittance is taking approx. 24 hours at the moment because of water damage and remedial works to certain areas along with the 'flu and norovirus outbreaks.

Advertisement