Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery issue iPhone 5, help needed

• 09-04-2016 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭

Maybe someone here may have come across this issue previously and could advise me.

I purchased an iPhone 5 which I received yesterday. Previously had iPhone 4. Set it up and happy until I've realised I may have an issue.

The battery indicator seems to be all over the place.
    Example would be the phone could be on 65% and stay there for a very long time but then could jump down to 58% in a minute.
    Also this mornings it was down to 1% so I expected it to go off but I got over 40 minutes of heavy usage before it went off.

Then this evening it was at 68% and I plugged in the charger and it jumped up to 74% immediately

So I'm just sure what the problem is but as you can imagine it's quite annoying not knowing how long is actually left until battery will go dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A hard reset should fix it, just hold down the sleep/wake button and home button together until the phone goes off and then release the buttons when you see the apple logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Sounds like a bad battery to me. If the hard reset doesn't fix it I would bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭big_drive

A hard reset should fix it, just hold down the sleep/wake button and home button together until the phone goes off and then release the buttons when you see the apple logo.

Did this but didn't seem to make any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭big_drive

Still annoying me. Was at 3% this morning, plugged it in and it jumped to 11%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I know there can be issues with the 5 battery with software updates etc.

But random battery charging discharging can also be a sign of a bad battery. We had the same symptoms on a nearly new 4. Keep an eye that the back of the phone isn't starting to swell. Ours had those charging issues, then the battery started to swell. We swapped the battery and it fixed the problem. But as this is a new phone, its should go back to where you bought it.

Advertisement