Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the name of charger needed for this port?

Options
  • 10-04-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

I lost the charger for the camera but dont know the name of the wire needed. Any ideas? It's the orange port im after

received_1067381443285076.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Firewire; i think...
    Nope, apparently not.
    This should help, although I'm still not sure which one it is for certain,

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/315100-0-0-225-121.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Best thing to do is google the exact name & model number of the camera and look for the charger cable for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 patsfan1286

That's a mini USB port. Not to be confused with micro USB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

That's the port on the left, he's looking for the orange port. It's a specific charger needed for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya it's the orange port I'm after. The camera will start with the usb port connected to a laptop but it won't charge the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

What's the make?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Samsung... i dont know the actual model number but has hyper dsi 65x written on it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's a proprietary interface, it's doesn't even state the voltage, nor that the port is for a DC input which is what's on most cameras. You will need to source it as a Samsung accessory, it will be called an 'AC adapter'. Get the model number and go to the Samsung website or there are dozens of hits if you go to Amazon UK and search for 'samsung ac adapter'.

Don't attempt to buy it from the US, in all probability it will be a 110v model and it will fry your battery.

Advertisement