Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunkettle roundabout

Options
  • 10-04-2016 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I wonder if someone could give me some advice about dunkettle roundabout. Il be coming from Dublin to cork city at the dunkettle I know to stay in the outside lane (right lane). If I follow this lane around the roundabout it brings me to 2nd set of lights do I then need to merge into 2 lanes??? Can someone please advise??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hi Sg,
    Start here, stay in the right lane and you'll merge into the middle lane (left and middle for the city) after the 2nd lights. Road is marked to show you the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Sg2014 wrote: »
    Hi I wonder if someone could give me some advice about dunkettle roundabout. Il be coming from Dublin to cork city at the dunkettle I know to stay in the outside lane (right lane). If I follow this lane around the roundabout it brings me to 2nd set of lights do I then need to merge into 2 lanes??? Can someone please advise??

Don't stress over it. Just don't take it too fast to allow for any changes and people should allow you to change lane.

What I did for my driving test and which lanes best to take for roundabouts in the city is to look at Google maps and satellite view enabled. This will answer your question

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

In Cork we have these new fangled things called road signs, try them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hi Sg,
    Start here, stay in the right lane and you'll merge into the middle lane (left and middle for the city) after the 2nd lights. Road is marked to show you the way.

That is the dunkettle interchange rather than the dunkettle roundabout (which is a different place) but i reckon it's what the OP means alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

There's this website called Google. They do Maps aswell. Amazing stuff.

It's not available in Dublin it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Where exactly are you heading OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Apologies for the squiggle half way around, but i think this is what you want to do assuming its the Dunkettle Interchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

kcb wrote: »
    There's this website called Google. They do Maps aswell. Amazing stuff.

It's not available in Dublin it seems.

That's a very helpful post, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

xabi wrote: »
    Apologies for the squiggle half way around, but i think this is what you want to do assuming its the Dunkettle Interchange.

You're giving the op false hope there by putting up a picture that shows a distinct lack of cars there, xabi :D:D:D

Advertisement