Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Leicester City - Sky Sports 1 - 1:30pm

• 10-04-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

df799c814f0b7fc72d05563cee9bba69.png

32e2c4c06515196ee500a556cd538d87.png

d438fbcbbe3661e5b634e4c45a966083.png

An interesting one at both ends of the table to kick off Super Sunday today.

A win for Leicester would put them 10 points clear at the top of the table ahead of Spurs' clash with Manchester United this evening. Meanwhile, a win for Sunderland would take them just 1 point away from safety with a game in hand and a better goal difference over Norwich ahead of their game at Carrow Road next Saturday.

Sam Allardyce has a good job at Sunderland since he has taken over, taking them from a mess of a team winning 0.33 points per game to just over 1 point per game (which would be good enough for 14th this season over 38 games), and his January signings have had a big impact, especially Jan Kirchhoff has been absolutely superb. They are quietly on a decent run - losing only 1 of their last 7 games - but they need to quickly turn draws into wins before it's too late. I would imagine that they will lineup unchanged from last week, though Larsson might sneak in:

Mannone
    Yedlin Kone Kaboul van Aanholt
    Kirchhoff
    Khazri Cattermole M'Vila Borini
    Defoe

Leicester will line up as they always do:

Schmeichel
    Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs
    Mahrez Drinkwater Kante Albrighton
    Okazaki Vardy

Very interestingly, Leicester are actually odds-against to win this game (best priced 6/5) which I'm sure will appeal to many. Strangely, I have a feeling Sunderland will get something from the game which is a feeling I get approximately once every 8 years. :pac:

0-0 or 1-1.

Comments

Was looking at the "a win would take Sunderland 1 point from safety" for a while and wondered had I fallen asleep for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland: Mannone, Yedlin, van Aanholt, Kaboul, Kone, Kirchhoff, M’Vila, Cattermole (c), Khazri, Borini, Defoe,

Subs: Jones, Larsson, Rodwell, N’Doye, Pickford, O’Shea, Lens

Leicester: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs; Albrighton, Drinkwater, Kanté, Mahrez; Okazaki, Vardy

Subs: Schwarzer, King Amartey, Gray, Ulloa, Dyer, Chilwell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

2-1 Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Bret Hart wrote: »
    2-1 Sunderland.

I hope not!

Fantastic atmosphere from the home fans once again. Imagine what it would be like if Sunderland actually did something other than constantly struggle.....

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Fantastic atmosphere from the home fans once again. Imagine what it would be like if Sunderland actually did something other than constantly struggle.....

the fans would likely be stunned in to silence from the shock of it all :pac:

Sunderland's full backs are killing them. The same story every single week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Free header from 6 yards out.
    For me he's gotta score that , Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Good game so far

Free header from 6 yards out.
    For me he's gotta score that , Bill.

was the best chance of the game so far any way.

• Advertisement

That pass from Kirchhoff. :eek:

great work from Drinkwater there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Good game so far

Really?
    Its terrible football, very scrappy, both teams giving the ball away cheaply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That could have been easily a penalty there against yedlin

I think that should have been a penalty for Leicester. Once again, a Sunderland full back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Did Yedlin think he was the only player on the pitch?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That's a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Vardy playing very poorly. He's the one Leicester player for me who is showing signs of the situation.

Vardy is so unlikeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Vardy playing very poorly. He's the one Leicester player for me who is showing signs of the situation.

Mahrez has been pretty off the boil for weeks at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Why is Vardy having a go at Kante there?
    It was his sh1t touch that put the ball out of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why is Vardy having a go at Kante there?
    It was his sh1t touch that put the ball out of play.

It was a poor ball to be fair. Vardy was in a cul de sac and had to try something to get by the two players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Mahrez not at it at all!

Leicester started the game really well but Sunderland are on top at the moment.

Vardy is so unlikeable.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Mahrez has been pretty off the boil for weeks at this stage.

Actually yeah - both displaying weakness in this first half. Kante, Okazaki, Drinkwater and the back four holding it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

come on sunderland you can do it ! defoe says he wants to help spurs out too by beating leiscter city today.
    hope he fills his boots , once a yiddo ,always a yiddo!

It's such a shame that Sunderland basically gave everyone else a 7 to 8 game head start before Allardyce took over. I watch this team for large periods lately and wonder how on earth we're in trouble.

If Allardyce had this squad from game 1 of this season, Sunderland would be easily safe and sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sunderland playing well, it's set up for another 1-0 for Leicester.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

It's such a shame that Sunderland basically gave everyone else a 7 to 8 game head start before Allardyce took over. I watch this team for large periods lately and wonder how on earth we're in trouble.

If Allardyce had this squad from game 1 of this season, Sunderland would be easily safe and sound.

If Sunderland stay up, Allardyce will make them a solid mid table team. Won't have to worry about relegation again once he's in charge.

• Advertisement

If Sunderland stay up, Allardyce will make them a solid mid table team. Won't have to worry about relegation again once he's in charge.

Yeah, I completely agree. It's just unfortunate that after so long we finally have the manager that can do it, but it does seem an very uphill task to stay up now.

I do hope he will stay if we go down. He has 1 year left on his deal so even if it was to give it a shot for a year. Sunderland's players wages all drop by 50% if we go down (per The Telegraph) so that might be the difference between keeping one or two of the players that can really be the difference in a quick promotion or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Vardy :eek:

The keeper narrowed the angle badly there

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

boom 1-0! Vardy!

Yes get in. 1-0. Vardy.

vardy nooooooooo

And then something like that Leicester goal happens, and it all becomes clear. :pac:

• Advertisement

Pretty damn cool for the goal though. As much as Leicester have recently looked a bit, not desperate, but reaching, they're still getting it done.

Oh **** off Rodwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lovely composed run and finish but shockingly lazy defending. Kabul doesnt start sprinting till Vardy was 5 yards clear of him. What was he waiting for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"We're gonna win the league and now you're gonna believe us..."

Worked out well for the last crowd who sang that....

Pretty damn cool for the goal though. As much as Leicester have recently looked a bit, not desperate, but reaching, they're still getting it done.

Well yeah...first goal in six games. He took the chance well. Leicester as a whole are grinding this ****ing thing out - it's extremely impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

J. Marston wrote: »

Chelsea???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Chelsea? Yes it did true enough

lol Borini, so bad :D

Lol Borini.

Your petty hate sustains so many of us

And Borini there just completely sums up Sunderland over the last 4 seasons. You've got to laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Race for the title on sky sports, showing Aresnal.

Well yeah...first goal in six games. He took the chance well. Leicester as a whole are grinding this ****ing thing out - it's extremely impressive.
    Aye he's faded a bit but the whole team deserve some serious credit. Few of them have been in a similar situation before but they've done brilliantly the last few months.
    Your petty hate sustains so many of us
    Whatever keeps yous going. :P

Kaboul fuuks spurs up even when he stopped playing for us! lazy fook

How many times are the officials going to stand there and let Drinkwater scream abuse in their face?

• Advertisement
Advertisement