Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Indicator bulb

• 10-04-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Hey, one of my bulbs went, i got a replacement in halfords only to realise that it only has one point on the bottom not two. Looking online they mostly seem to be this kind. Any ideas where would be handy to get one? I and work near grand canal dock so close to there would be ideal, would a motorbike mechanic have them maybe?

This is the bulb,

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/bulbs-headlight-taillight-indicator-3353-p.asp

Id prefer to just pick one up though if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

rowanh wrote: »
    Hey, one of my bulbs went, i got a replacement in halfords only to realise that it only has one point on the bottom not two. Looking online they mostly seem to be this kind. Any ideas where would be handy to get one? I and work near grand canal dock so close to there would be ideal, would a motorbike mechanic have them maybe?

This is the bulb,

Thats a 5w bulb.
    Any motor factors will sell them for about 50 cents each.
    JP Motorcycles beside the Bord Gais Energy Theatre will have them.

If you need it today then the likes of Halfords or even Woodies,but you will get hammered on the price.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

Thats a 5w bulb..:

looks like 380 21/5w and yeah it's very standard bulb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Aye JPs sorted me out there for one two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

This is the bulb,

That's a stop/tail bulb. Is your indicator gone or tail light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Del2005 wrote: »
    That's a stop/tail bulb. Is your indicator gone or tail light?

It also looks like the type used in American bikes where the indicators stay on all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

That link actually goes to a load of different bulbs but the one i took out looks very similar to that, its an 03 CBR, ill pop down to JP Motorcycles anyway, thats ideal. Thanks for the suggestions.

JP Motorcycles,or any motor factors like Consort or PR Riely will sell you one on its own for 50 cents - 1 euro.

JP might even throw you one for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Went up to JP, seems the bulb i had in it was american which is weird.. Anyway he did give me a free bulb and made sure it was working, very nice service all round.

Went up to JP, seems the bulb i had in it was american which is weird.. Anyway he did give me a free bulb and made sure it was working, very nice service all round.

Told ya,happy days.:)

Advertisement