Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build - Buying Components

Options
  • 10-04-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

So I have my PC components set in stone, but finding it hard to choose where to get them from.

I've bought my first two components from Amazon, just to see how it fares.

I've looked at Komplett, Dabs, Elara, Computer Parts Ireland, Overclockers UK as well and not all of them have the components I required.

I've read posts of people having mixed experiences with all suppliers mentioned which makes it even more difficult.

Here is my build.

Case: Rosewill Line M Micro ATX

MB: Gigabyte GA-H110m-S2HP 1151 DDR4 2133 Micro ATX

PSU: EVGA Supernova GS 650w 80 Plus Gold

CPU: Intel i5 6600 6MB 3.3Ghz (Not overclocking so non k version is fine)

GPU: AMD R9 390 MSI Gaming 8G (Shorter than the Sapphire Nitro)

RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 2133Mhz

HDD: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 64mb
    cache (Will get an SSD down the line)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd go with amazon just for their customer service even if they're a little more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

I'd go with amazon just for their customer service even if they're a little more expensive.

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind. I'd rather pay a little more than have trouble later on if I need to return anything etc.

Hoping the MB is ok. I won't be doing any form of overclocking, and from what I've read most people would recommend a Z170 board for gaming.

Might hold out a while before getting the graphics card, since the new line up isn't far off and I might get it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

H110 or Z170 make no difference for gaming

Build is sound, stick with one supplier to save on shipping I'd say

Add an SSD

H110 or Z170 make no difference for gaming

Build is sound, stick with one supplier to save on shipping I'd say

Add an SSD

Will do. A 128gb SSD should be fine for the OS etc.

Finally getting away from consoles, can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

alanzo27 wrote: »
    Will do. A 128gb SSD should be fine for the OS etc.

Finally getting away from consoles, can't wait :D

Consoles are like the training day crack head in the alley getting its nutz smashed. Pc is alonzo smashing said nuts.

• Advertisement

Not sure to hold out or not on the GPU. Looked at three variants of the R9 390, and for my case the MSI Gaming 8G looks good, but it seems to be selling out or the price is increasing.

As the new GPU's are coming soon I might put my build on hold. I have all the other components sorted. Got a 750w EVGA GQ PSU instead of the GS. 100w more and semi modular. Worked out slightly cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Meh,not so sure about amazon cs.

I ordered a hyper evo 212 and a couple of fans on the 5th of april and i am being told they will be delivered by the 21st of april,both were in stock at time of order:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

magentis wrote: »
    Meh,not so sure about amazon cs.

I ordered a hyper evo 212 and a couple of fans on the 5th of april and i am being told they will be delivered by the 21st of april,both were in stock at time of order:mad:

Ok, that's a bit shít alright. Have you tried getting on to them on chat. They usually try and do something to make it better. You might get free priority shipping which will get it to you a little bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

alanzo27 wrote: »
    Not sure to hold out or not on the GPU. Looked at three variants of the R9 390, and for my case the MSI Gaming 8G looks good, but it seems to be selling out or the price is increasing.

As the new GPU's are coming soon I might put my build on hold. I have all the other components sorted. Got a 750w EVGA GQ PSU instead of the GS. 100w more and semi modular. Worked out slightly cheaper.

Should be more info by end of the month supposedly.

Ended up getting the R9 390 from Sapphire. Hopefully it fits my case :D Supposedly the best variant of the 390 in terms of temps and cooling efficiency from research. All I need now is the CPU and I'm good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement