Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep Farming

Options
  • 10-04-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I bred sheep for 10 years in the UK and I'd very much like to get back into it when I move to Ireland. I only ever did it in a very small way (flock of 14) so we aren't talking big numbers here. I'm selling up here in Cornwall and hopefully, all things being equal, I'll be in my new place by the summer. I've been looking on all the agricultural sites for Ireland, but I can't find out how many is the minimum number of hectares to qualify for a payment from the EU or any sort of grant.
    I shall find out as much info for myself about grants for sheep farming etc, but I have drawn a blank over the Basic Payment or Direct Payment entitlement. I shall also be keeping a couple of horses, but they will graze with the sheep most of the year.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement