Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from 3 Ireland to IDmobile

Options
  • 10-04-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, on Friday was unlocked by Apple. Apple confirmed this yesterday. My contract ended last Sunday with 3. Since then trying to use my new IDmobile sim has been a nightmare. I tried a separate Vodafone sim which worked fine so I know the phone is unlocked. ID has no problems from their end. I just need 3 to release the number. This is my work number. I spent 3 hours on Apple & IDmobile support plus two visits to IDmobile in Harvey Norman shop in Kinsale Rd. Result a bad migraine, lost a night's work & a phone which still does not work. Apple & ID mobile say it's Three networks problem. Help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cemalina wrote: »
    Hi, on Friday was unlocked by Apple. Apple confirmed this yesterday. My contract ended last Sunday with 3. Since then trying to use my new IDmobile sim has been a nightmare. I tried a separate Vodafone sim which worked fine so I know the phone is unlocked. ID has no problems from their end. I just need 3 to release the number. This is my work number. I spent 3 hours on Apple & IDmobile support plus two visits to IDmobile in Harvey Norman shop in Kinsale Rd. Result a bad migraine, lost a night's work & a phone which still does not work. Apple & ID mobile say it's Three networks problem. Help please

Better off this thread being in the talk to three forum. You should get a reply from them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Even if the port order has been held up your iD sim should operate just fine with a temporary number.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Have you tried another id sim in the phone? I have an iPhone 4 that will work with all major carriers EXCEPT MVNO networks. Appearantly these sims can not activate in iPhones as they are not recognized as authorized activation carriers which are listed on apples site
    This only applies to iPhones that have been unlocked by networks.
    All sim free iPhones bought direct from Apple are okay to use MVNO sims.

Note: some network unlocked phones will accept MVNO sims. Just check a different id sim in the phone to assure yourself id will work in the phone.

Advertisement