Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business class with etihad

Options
  • 10-04-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has gone business class to Australia with Etihiad? The seem the cheapest

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Have flown Malaysian, Thai, Finnair/Qantas in Business Class but not Etihad. Only been with them in Cattle Class. Have heard that they are very good though. As long as there is a flat bed and some leg room I am happy.

Have you considered booking Residence Class on Etihad? Sounds really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Just wondering if anyone has gone business class to Australia with Etihiad? The seem the cheapest

I haven't, but my granny has flown twice with them to Oz on business class. They include a pick up from your home up to 100km away from the airport. She has told me that the service and experience is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I did business class Dublin to AUH very good on demand dining is very good the lounge in Dublin good and AUH amazing. I did first on the A380 on to Sydney that was amazing. The business class product on that is way above most other airlines. In fact it's on par with many first class products. Try an book Dublin London then do a380 all the way if you can. Sale on till today which is amazing value.

CabanSail wrote: »
    Have flown Malaysian, Thai, Finnair/Qantas in Business Class but not Etihad. Only been with them in Cattle Class. Have heard that they are very good though. As long as there is a flat bed and some leg room I am happy.

Have you considered booking Residence Class on Etihad? Sounds really good.

Residence class London to Sydney is about €75000 for two people return. While amazing it's not worth the price bump from first (apartment class).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Residence class London to Sydney is about €75000 for two people return. While amazing it's not worth the price bump from first (apartment class).

Much cheaper than operating your own BisJet apparently. A problem I facing in these hard economic times. The sacrifices we make. :pac::cool:

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    Much cheaper than operating your own BisJet apparently. A problem I facing in these hard economic times. The sacrifices we make. :pac::cool:

Funny when I flew with them in first the residence was empty so the butler was in the first cabin lovely girl, I asked who was using the residence usually. She said its people of a certain class who arrive or book late and first is full as they wont slum it in business they pop for residence. But considering the price of two adjoining first apartments the residence does not add up. As I also said the business product on a380 is as good as many carriers first product. Both business and first have use of the lounge on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 noriordan

Hi, I fly out as far as Singapore with Etihad for work once or twice a year. Etihad trumps most but check the actual plane. I'm sure they use their best planes for long haul but worth checking which one you'll be flying in at time of booking as the newest planes have full bed seats but some of the older ones are just regular chairs that fully recline. I understand Emirates are good too but I haven't tried them.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Thanks for all the replies guys. We went premium economy the last time with BA which was grand but someone told me sometimes you can get good deals on business. Etihad business works out at about 4,200 for both of us - premium economy could be about 3,000 up depending on who you go with. The problem with premium economy is you are limited with carriers and may only get one part of the leg premium so need to be careful. Just exploring options at present but will come down to cost at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Flew with them last year, the experience was amazing (it was my first time flying business class, so have nothing to compare it to)

Preferred the Dublin to abu dahbi leg over the onward leg to sydney, the business class was much smaller so the staff were more attentive,

Flying with Emirates business class next time, so looking forward to comparing them.

Thanks for all the replies guys. We went premium economy the last time with BA which was grand but someone told me sometimes you can get good deals on business. Etihad business works out at about 4,200 for both of us - premium economy could be about 3,000 up depending on who you go with. The problem with premium economy is you are limited with carriers and may only get one part of the leg premium so need to be careful. Just exploring options at present but will come down to cost at the end of the day.

That sale is over. BA premium economy is nothing like Etihad business it's magnitudes of difference. Full flat bed, everyone aisle access 75 inch or 80 inch, lounge access in demand dining no comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I was on an Etihad business class flight a year or so ago.

I was a bit disappointed when I discovered the A330 was being operated by Jet Airways. (As sometimes happens).

I needn't have worried. It was fabulous. Only three seats across slightly angled out. It was a totally private lie flat cubicle, you couldn't even see another passenger!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Etihad currently have a 50% off sale on Business class,
    I flew with them a few years ago, it was fantastic.

Advertisement