Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT on a 2014 Fiesta van

• 10-04-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I bought a Fiesta van up North yesterday after being told by a local mechanic that it would be eligible for the 200 euro commercial flat rate VRT; so I thought happy days, it's great value & does excellent MPG.

However after doing more research on how to book it in for the DOE , I'm worried that it's going to be marked down at 13.5% OSMP instead....the van is for private/farm use, so does anyone know to what band it will fall under, as there isn't any substantial info on online and Revenue are closed today, so I can't find out

It's too late now anyway, as the van is purchased, but it would be of serious help, if anyone knows?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pretty sure it's not €200 anyway. Car vans are usually 13.5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Isn't farm use classed as commercial then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Now in 2013 and 2014, new fiesta vans were €200 vrt.
    I'm not sure what the craic is now, I think ford were up to something as focus vans were reclassified from €200 to 13.5% before Christmas 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Now in 2013 and 2014, new fiesta vans were €200 vrt.
    I'm not sure what the craic is now, I think ford were up to something as focus vans were reclassified from €200 to 13.5% before Christmas 2015

Yeah, I was reading an old thread from a year ago & some peeps said it was 200 on the face-lift model (i.e 2013+)...the Revenue calculator, doesn't list it under commercials, so I assumed my mechanic would know the craic about it...clearly not! Does anyone have a link for the legalistive change, regarding small vans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I think it's a factory 2 seat van and should be €200.

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    I think it's a factory 2 seat van and should be €200.

Yeah, it's a factory 2-seater. Is that for sure?

I know it used to be, but heard something about a change in Revenue criteria for sub-3500kg commercials?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

jony_dols wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a factory 2-seater. Is that for sure?

I know it used to be, but heard something about a change in Revenue criteria for sub-3500kg commercials?

What was the outcome in the end? The fiesta van doesn't seem to be listed under the n1 commercial vehicles category on the revenue website.

Brought it into the center in Kilkenny, mid-April, as R.O.R said, only 200 quid. Didn't ask too many questions, as I was just happy to get the low rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

jony_dols wrote: »
    Brought it into the center in Kilkenny, mid-April, as R.O.R said, only 200 quid. Didn't ask too many questions, as I was just happy to get the low rate.

Thanks!

Advertisement