Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bike Hangar trial - Whatever happened?

Options
  • 10-04-2016 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I remember there being news that DCC was going to trial on street covered bike parking using the Bike Hangar (can't paste link on phone for some reason but there is an irish cycle article on it). Did this trial ever actually happen? Can't see anything about the results on the net.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

The Report Card is generous. I gave negative feedback to the project and it wasn't addressed whatsoever. I can only asssume others also raised issues. The report is bacially just a big pat on the back to whoever ran the project. Critical feedback is surely more useful than a chorus nodding in agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Thanks a million - my google skills are not up to scratch it would seem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The Report Card is generous. I gave negative feedback to the project and it wasn't addressed whatsoever. I can only asssume others also raised issues. The report is bacially just a big pat on the back to whoever ran the project. Critical feedback is surely more useful than a chorus nodding in agreement.
    From https://dubcitybeta.wordpress.com/2015/11/09/report-card-bike-hangar/
    Do you like the way the above was reported?

We’d love to hear your feedback and suggestions! See this Report Card Beta Project blog post, or check out #ReportCardBeta on social media.

Feel free to report the negatives here too.
    Thanks a million - my google skills are not up to scratch it would seem...

Probably more down to DCC's decision to use a different domain for stuff like this. Not sure why they would think this was a good idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fader123

Does anyone know the current status of this project?

I have just moved in to a 2-up 2-down in Stoneybatter and the good bicycle is currently parked behind the couch (to my wife's dismay). My very old rusty commuter bike is chained to a lamp post outside on the street. Back yard and front hall are both too small to accommodate bikes.

I would love the option of secure on-street parking, I bet there are many people in the area who would too - it might even encourage people to cycle. Would be very willing to pay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement