Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord not helping

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Really the issue is you need a full size fridge and a full size freezer for that many people. The rules just say you have to have them, not capacity. If the market was a real one the landlord would end up sorting this to get tenants but its not so why would he care. Keep an eye for a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

And when it wasn't removed, I assumed I had been repaired. Therefore, continued to use it

Right well it seems to e that the answer to the problem is that you need to realise that it is broken. It has not been repaired. So don't use it, use the over crowded one and increase your turnover of food.

If they take away the first fridge freezer, then you will have no fridge, right?
    Or is there a fridge attached to the new device that will do?

I think if you wNt helpful answers here you need to be More generous with the information you are giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Stheno wrote: »
    If it's built into the kitchen it may not be that simple

I was commenting on what the issue is but I'd imagine your previous point is the reason it's still in use. Having a crowded freezer is one thing having a crowded fridge and freezer is another. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is the freezer that is defrosting one that uses a fan to chill? I have that problem because the fan eventually gets iced uP and dos working. So roughly every month I turn it off and sirens ten minutes on it with a hair dryer to de-ice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

As I've said, there's six of us. I assumed he had left the new one and repaired the old because it's an eight bed house, at the time I first informed him the house was full. It would have coped with the food needs of eight people using a freezer.

If there's 6 of ye, I'd suggest chipping in for a new freezer between ye & then ye"ll have all the appliances ye want..... Just remember to stop using t the broken freezer and you'll be grand!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

It's also possible the freezer is installed in a cabinet where it can't get rid of the heat - incorrect installation / no ventilation.

Fridges/freezers basically move heat from inside the appliance to outside i.e. they're a heat pump of sorts. That's how they cool things.

If they're installed incorrectly in a kitchen cabinet without proper ventilation, they can fail to operate correctly as they can't dump the heat into the kitchen.

I've seen this twice before where a fridge was installed into a totally airless cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

So ur fridge freezer broke.... you told the landlord .... he replaced said fridge but left old unit there also which you continued to use in addition to the replacement even though you knew it was faulty? How exactly is this the landlords fault? Unless hes replaced a half and half with a undercounter fridge/ ice box I don't see why you think its his fault you re overcrowding your freezer.

daithi7 wrote: »
    If there's 6 of ye, I'd suggest chipping in for a new freezer between ye & then ye"ll have all the appliances ye want..... Just remember to stop using t the broken freezer and you'll be grand!!

Big househares like that will always have a big turnover of tenants so doubt anyone would be willing to put money into the place.

The obvious option is just shop week to week or what ever and not stock pile stuff in the freezer. It might be annoying but a houseshare is always going to have compromises

Advertisement