Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place for Breakfast in Kilkenny City

Options
  • 10-04-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

As per title... particularly during the week. I'm talking about a proper full Irish brekky. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Langtons in Cillin Hill is not bad. Little pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

The only Langtons I know is the hotel on John street?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

2nd Langton's in cillin hill (the mart)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Matt the Millers put on a good full Irish with tea & toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

What time are we talking about because if you can wait for Mugshot to open it's a pretty good feed.
    MCB tearooms has good options form 9am onwards too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

catbear wrote: »
    What time are we talking about because if you can wait for Mugshot to open it's a pretty good feed.
    MCB tearooms has good options form 9am onwards too.

About 9:30.

Thabjs for yhe tios guys, someone else I was talking to reccomwnded the place over the bookshop?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I use to be a regular here. It does a savage full irish.,

http://theorchardhouse.ie/

Mugshot is a really nice place but not recommended for a full Irish. They do have the best coffee in town, followed closely by Cafe Cocco.

Full Marx wrote: »
    About 9:30.

Thabjs for yhe tios guys, someone else I was talking to reccomwnded the place over the bookshop?
    Pennyfeathers cafe but they don't open sundays. Good feed there, they do free refills on coffee with your breakfast.

Pennyfeathers cafe but they don't open sundays. Good feed there, they do free refills on coffee with your breakfast.

The free refills has got me. I'm going to give it a try if they do a cooked breakfast.

kikel wrote: »
    The free refills has got me. I'm going to give it a try if they do a cooked breakfast.
    hang on a sec, this thread isn't about you!

Well I hope you enjoy your breakfast, internet hijacker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I'll use my post to pay homage to a once great forum member, sadly now departed:

MCB is great, can be hard to get a table, when the door opens the wind is freezing and would go through you, orchard house is great but not in town, if you're driving it's a good bet, as is mario's in loughboy for a feed, don't forget eddie rockets, they might rob your pockets generally but their biker breakfast is good value don't know about mugshot but would deffo give it a try, something something Callan

happy hunting,
    Skyey

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

You were doing OK until the last sentence SK. He would NEVER say "deffo". Wouldn't even say that word is in the vocabulary. . :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Heartily recommend Mugshot, that would be my first pick. Matt The Millers is also highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

pfft Lads ,Lads feck sake .......... Billy Byrnes ( top of john street ) brilliant feed, trust me I was in there a few weeks back and for €10 you wont believe the feed ul get , trust me def def try it .

pfft Lads ,Lads feck sake .......... Billy Byrnes ( top of john street ) brilliant feed, trust me I was in there a few weeks back and for 10 you wont believe the feed ul get , trust me def def try it .

Yeah tried it. It's pretty good. Only ever been once.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Sky King wrote: »
    I'll use my post to pay homage to a once great forum member, sadly now departed:

MCB is great, can be hard to get a table, when the door opens the wind is freezing and would go through you, orchard house is great but not in town, if you're driving it's a good bet, as is mario's in loughboy for a feed, don't forget eddie rockets, they might rob your pockets generally but their biker breakfast is good value don't know about mugshot but would deffo give it a try, something something Callan

happy hunting,
    Skyey

MCB does a good brekky. Decent eggs and coffee for those on the health buzz.. Does the Black Cat open breakfast (over Winstons)?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Is there anywhere open from 8am onwards?

Super-Rush wrote: »

Dores is usually open by 8am if not earlier although as you might notice from it not been mentioned previous it's not highly rated locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Super-Rush wrote:

Think langtons at cillin hill open at 7am might be wrong maybe someone might know for sure

Dores is usually open by 8am if not earlier although as you might notice from it not been mentioned previous it's not highly rated locally.

Unfortunately I found that place very poor. Sausages had a very bad taste off them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

pfft Lads ,Lads feck sake .......... Billy Byrnes ( top of john street ) brilliant feed, trust me I was in there a few weeks back and for €10 you wont believe the feed ul get , trust me def def try it .

Found it terribly overrated, tbh.

Advertisement