Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get cheap (ish) Pleached Trees?

Options
  • 10-04-2016 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

I'm looking to get around 10 Pleached Trees and am wondering if anyone knows where I could source some cheaply (ish)? Height or maturity does not matter and anywhere around Leinster or Munster is fine.

I went to a garden centre the other day and although fantastic looking and very well established, they were €600 each.....gulp.

Failing that if anyone can tell me please what would be the best way for me to create my own on a budget? I'm open to any type of tree but do the like the below ones. Also hoping not to spend more than €100 per tree if doing myself.

Walnut-House-5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

karenalot wrote: »
    I'm looking to get around 10 Pleached Trees and am wondering if anyone knows where I could source some cheaply (ish)? Height or maturity does not matter and anywhere around Leinster or Munster is fine.

I went to a garden centre the other day and although fantastic looking and very well established, they were €600 each.....gulp.

Failing that if anyone can tell me please what would be the best way for me to create my own on a budget? I'm open to any type of tree but do the like the below ones. Also hoping not to spend more than €100 per tree.

Walnut-House-5.jpg

I seriously doubt you can purchase anything remotely like a pleached tree/shrub for € 100.00. With that level of budget you would have to buy bare root trees and strap them onto prepared frames. A plant standard (lollipop) 1.8m is nearly double your target budget. Wish you luck.

Advertisement