Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Booth Tralee

Options
  • 10-04-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where there is one, cant think of one off hand, I know Dunnes in ncr had one. Need a booth as will be working during the day ( should have done it yesterday).

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There used to be one in Manor shopping centre, but I'm not sure if that's there anymore. Apart from that I don't think there are any around. You would need to go into either an optician's or chemist like CH or Sam McCauley's to get one done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

If it's for a passport rather than any other photo id purposes then I wouldn't use the machine even if you can find one. Last time I used one the photos were rejected by passport office as the quality was not good enough. I complained to the company that owned the machine and actually got a refund of the cost.

Better to go to somewhere like CH or Clearys to get them taken, got them recently in Clearys €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Take your own for free and just print them

I have taken ours for years and used the above but the last time I downloaded a paid app to the phone as we were getting four passports done at once so was handier than transferring them. I printed them in local newsagent but I have previously printed at home on photo paper in black and white and they were grand.
    Saved me about a good few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Thanks for the replies

Kennelly's Chemist (Haven Chemist) on castle Street will do the job for you, they take the image themselves and print it for you there and then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

phormium wrote: »
    If it's for a passport rather than any other photo id purposes then I wouldn't use the machine even if you can find one. Last time I used one the photos were rejected by passport office as the quality was not good enough. I complained to the company that owned the machine and actually got a refund of the cost.

Better to go to somewhere like CH or Clearys to get them taken, got them recently in Clearys €10
    6 in CH Chemists upstairs. Those booth photos are not accepted for passports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

The CH machine was broke the day I was there unfortunately :(

I saw one of those boots recently in Athlone and actually went to the bother of reading all the blurb on it thinking I would not find a reference to passport photos after the company telling me they weren't suitable and refunding even though they were advertised as such. Anyway there was a lot of stuff written on it and down at the very bottom it said suitable for passports which they are clearly not!

Advertisement