Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Ashford

• 10-04-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I plan to move to North Wicklow in the future. I went to have a look at Ashford today and it was really nice. The village had just the right amount of activity that I'm looking for. With mountains and coast near by.

Can anyone give me some insight into living in Ashford? Pros and cons etc. I will be commuting to Dublin but I work unsocial hours so traffic won't be a biggy.

The new houses in the center just at the hill looked nice and at 300k they seem reasonable.

Ideally I would like a detached house with some land but the price online all looked around 500/600k for houses that needed lots of work, usually on the roads west of Ashford. It was insane, are they actually selling for those prices???

Any advice or tips would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Its a lovely village and very friendly people in all businesses around.

Coffee shop do great breakfast and Chinese is real tasty.
    Woodpecker pub does tasty food and nice pints.
    Chipper is good and centra there also.
    Only place haven't been in is the newly re opened Chester beaty.
    There enough in the town to keep one going and wicklow only down the road.

I am very surprised the houses got planning and honestly are way too close to the road and one downside you pointed out will be none to little garden space.

There is an estate up the road well hidden which is a bit run down but seems quiet enough.

Like anywhere there be the odd bit of nuisance and that but honestly been from Dublin its a lovely break away from it for us.

Advertisement