Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

I haven't bought new hardware in a long time and see that HardwareVersand are gone. Where's the best place to buy now for cheapish prices and cheap postage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Mindfactory are a good bet. Very reasonably priced and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mind factory for the full electrics of a build, computer universe is good too, amazon or overclockers for smaller orders.

Have you a build in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Yes I've used computeruniverse and OC'ers before but I had thought HWV used to be the cheapest at postage. I'm not building just buying an SSD to replace my son's laptop HDD that has started clicking. Any recommendations on current ~250GB SSDs? I was going to buy an 850 Evo 250GB.

Amazon or memoryc then

Samsung's are fairly good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Amazon or memoryc then

Samsung's are fairly good

Yes, although maybe overkill for him. Any of the cheaper SSDs any use? He's on a really tight budget.

• Advertisement

I've a Kingston V300, Crucial are sound too

Advertisement