Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelback - Dublin & Belfast 2016

Options
  • 11-04-2016 9:03am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ticketmaster Ireland

‪#‎News‬: Nickelback announce Dublin & Belfast concert dates as part of 2016 European Tour.

3Arena, Dublin on 9 October

The SSE Arena, Belfast on 10 October

‪#‎Tickets‬ go on sale Friday, 15 April at 09:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The fact that they can sell single a single ticket both amazes and saddens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

surely both venues are far too big for them ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

have seen them a couple of times, always a decent show.
    Never understand why they get so much hate

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would have thought they would only do one show. Yea id say both will struggle to sell. I can see the top tier being curtained off .

These guys are supporting in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

have seen them a couple of times, always a decent show.

Wouldn't be a fan but can't understand it either, not a million miles away from say Foo Fighters IMO who seem to be worshipped to limitless proportions then, baffling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think I'll go to this always wanted to see them.

although there lyrics can be quite **** they have some good songs.

can deff see this being a half capacity 3arena gig

prices 59.59-69.69 and they have early entry package and all that aswell. fan club pre sale starts 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think I'll go to this always wanted to see them.

although there lyrics can be quite **** they have some good songs.

can deff see this being a half capacity 3arena gig

prices 59.59-69.69 and they have early entry package and all that aswell. fan club pre sale starts 2morrow

Don't buy tickets, just wait, leading up to the gig there will be a LOT of radio competitions flying about and also will be a lot of very cheap tickets on the likes of adverts/donedeal

I go tickets to Kisss a few years back for 50euro a pair, same with the last GnR visit, payed 40euro for a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

The last gig around 08 was class. Staind were support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

cena wrote: »

RDS!!!

That was cool.

Greg81 wrote: »
    RDS!!!

That was cool.

That'd the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thats why people don't like them. Post late 90s/00s frat boy music. Staind, Creed, Limp Bizkit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats why people don't like them. Post late 90s/00s frat boy music. Staind, Creed, Limp Bizkit etc.

That's why YOU don't like them.
    I have never seen them but can't wait to

Anyone ever listen to the old nickelback albums the ones before silver side up ???

Production is so bad but some good tracks on them

got my presale ticket. Block F row 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Nickelback or garbage LCD Soundsystem at EP?

Nickelback it is then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

3arena thats madness

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ooh might go to this! Always wanted to go, shame I missed them the last time,staind is another favourite of mine.

Sorry to the poster above but that's my taste in music and that's just how it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The fact that they can sell single a single ticket both amazes and saddens me.

I tend to not take any notice of bands I'm not into. I tend not to bother checking to see if they've sold out or not, and I much prefer to listen to bands I like, and maybe see if they're playing gigs in Ireland soon. :confused::confused:

I don't like Adele, didn't even know she was playing in the 3Arena until I heard someone talk about her on the radio the day before the gig. I don't listen to her music, so I kind of missed the ads for her gig, or didn't take any notice, if you get me.

Why worry about Nickelback, where they'll play, or to how many people they'll play to, if you don't like them?

bigpink wrote: »
    3arena thats madness

Why? Any "madder" than Adele playing there recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

seachto7 wrote: »

There well past there peak
    Adele is huge and doeant tour much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

seachto7 wrote: »

I don't have strong feelings for Nickelback either way, not my thing so don't pay attention. But comparing them to the biggest selling artist in the world right now is a bit of a stretch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't buy tickets, just wait, leading up to the gig there will be a LOT of radio competitions flying about and also will be a lot of very cheap tickets on the likes of adverts/donedeal

Good advice. It will likely be a curtained off gig, this is handy if they do not know how many will sell, if it does sell a lot of tickets they can open up that section if they want, so its highly unlikely that it will sell out.

Of course Adele was sure to sell out, utterly ridiculous to compare them.

Their wiki page might help
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelback#Reception
    Nickelback have been criticized due to their over-use of themes involving "strippers, sex, prostitutes, drugs, sex, drinking and sex",[102] and for being derivative in the music they create, too often sticking to formula and being repetitive instead of innovative.[103][104][105] In November 2011, users of the music-oriented dating site Tastebuds.fm voted Nickelback as the number one musical turnoff, edging out Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga.[106] In May 2013, the readers of Rolling Stone magazine named Nickelback the second worst band of the 1990s, behind only Creed

Nickelback need to be seen live before you start negative comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I like and have albums from all the above! :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nickelback need to be seen live before you start negative comments

Yea there live shows seem to be great , Will def head to see them in the 3Arena tho might explain why the price is higher then would have thought with all the production they will bring over

Lights On wrote: »
    I don't have strong feelings for Nickelback either way, not my thing so don't pay attention. But comparing them to the biggest selling artist in the world right now is a bit of a stretch :D

Soundgarden played the 3 and were well past their peak . I guess it cooler to hate nickelback? I don't go on Adele threads commenting how ****e she is

Any doubts watch this.

The biggest tools of the lot were the people who threw rocks at Nickelback in Portugal all those years back. Imagine paying money to go to a festival and wasting your time watching a band you don't like.

crap ireland are playing moldova in a world cup 2018 Qualifer on sunday 9th oct kicking off at 19.45.

crap ireland are playing moldova in a world cup 2018 Qualifer on sunday 9th oct kicking off at 19.45.
    Add your reply here.
    Don't mind the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Crap Ireland or Crap, Ireland...?

Advertisement