Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelback - Dublin & Belfast 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Birneybau wrote: »
    Crap Ireland or Crap, Ireland...?
    Crap, Ireland

should be a win for Ireland so dont mind missing it. i have the app on the phone to keep track anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

seachto7 wrote: »
    Soundgarden played the 3 and were well past their peak . I guess it cooler to hate nickelback? I don't go on Adele threads commenting how ****e she is
    so are you actually still standing by this ludicrous comment below?!?:eek:
    Why? Any "madder" than Adele playing there recently?

Here is a thread on soundgarden at the time, which is a more reasonable comparison

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056952488

lots asking if it will sell out quickly and all saying not likely. No surprise there.

and one comment which also does not surprise me
    Will they even half fill the o2 they had one song ''black hole sun''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Soundgarden had "one song"? Hilarious.
    Still don't get why people feel the need to go out of their way to hate nickelback. I'm not a fan so I don't listen to them.

It's like hanging around with people you don't like... Just don't hang around with them !

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Soundgarden had "one song"? Hilarious.
    Still don't get why people feel the need to go out of their way to hate nickelback. I'm not a fan so I don't listen to them.

It's like hanging around with people you don't like... Just don't hang around with them !

Feel the exact same. Don't see why anyone would want to take the time to comment here if they aren't interested/going

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is there many going to this? wonder if it is near been sold out.

ON Sunday week.

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Is there many going to this? wonder if it is near been sold out.

ON Sunday week.

should be heading to the gig myself, another one off the bucket list. Setlists look ok and monster truck should good.

The hate Nickelback get is very undeserving, they have some classic songs and its been years since they played here

Only 4 days away

Looking forward to it as there were amazingly one of the first bands I got into (was 12 when the awesome silver side up came out) and its taking me 14 years to see them live lol. Big fan of the WWE too which used a lot of Nickelback material in the past

The support band Monster Truck sound ok (such a juvenile but simple band name lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

cena wrote: »
    Any doubts watch this.

Yep, agree. No doubts. Dreadful.

Although the singers "How the f ck do we get away with this?!" expression is funny.

And no, its nowhere near sold out. Hence the wave of radio competitions for free tickets. They can't even give them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,972 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can't believe they're playing such a large venue myself at that cost. It's baffling. I'd say there'll be about 20 people at the show.

The guys are performing on the late late show tonight for anyone who wants a preview for Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The guys are performing on the late late show tonight for anyone who wants a preview for Sunday

Really pushing tickets hard. Ryan will be plugging the gig too. Advertising all over the radio still aswell. There will be a man and his dog at the gig on Sunday.

Lot of closed off sections here tonight but it gives it the intimate feel

The upper sections are curtained off, Standong area is curtained off a hit and not going back the full way

Awesome gig

How you remind me was electric along with lullaby and someday

They don't deserve the hate they get. Only corning bit was when they mentioned they were in Dublin for the last few days they had 'pints', irish people 'love to drink and sing' etc

Monster Truck were quite good actually

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Awesome gig

How you remind me was electric along with lullaby and someday

They don't deserve the hate they get. Only corning bit was when they mentioned they were in Dublin for the last few days they had 'pints', irish people 'love to drink and sing' etc

Monster Truck were quite good actually

Completely agree. First time seeing them and thought they were awesome.
    Monster truck were surprising!
    On the gobus back gtown now. Absolutely pooped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Raging i could not get to the gig due to work. Missed them the last time they were here with Staind.

Sad that didn't do hero, never again and dirty laundry (don Henley cover they done it for a few previous dates)

Next concerts I'm heading to is Disturbed(only really going for them TBH) and A7X in Jan then Black Sabbath

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Sad that didn't do hero, never again and dirty laundry (don Henley cover they done it for a few previous dates)

Next concerts I'm heading to is Disturbed(only really going for them TBH) and A7X in Jan then Black Sabbath

I would have loved leader of men and hero.

Still very tempted to go to disturbed myself. It would mean going up and down to dublin twice in the space of 3 days for me though!

Loved Ryan's cover of Everlong

That guy must of been on God's A list lol. Hes hansome lookin (coming from a straight guy lol) good musican and singer and he has thousands of people who adore him

Really thought we were getting an acoustic version of Leader of men but sadly not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

I enjoyed the gig last night. Had a great time.

Next stop Ugly Kid Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Went to the Belfast gig and it was pretty awesome! (We got Hero, just saying...) I really don't understand the hate for them. They put on a great show.
    The SSE wasn't full but it was definitely not dead. I would jump at the chance to go again, and I'm not their biggest fan. Definitely gonna keep an eye on Monster Truck from now on. Even if their lead singer has better control over his hair than I do, and I strongly suspect is a lycan from Underworld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

bigpink wrote: »
    Adele is huge
    Should be OK. The stage is pretty sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Monster Truck coming back in March, Academy 2.

Really hoping to make this one!

Advertisement