Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toddler new baby and c section

Options
  • 11-04-2016 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering if any of you have had to cope with all of the above and how you managed? I may need a section( really don't want one) and I'm worried about how I'll manage day to day after .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Will you have anyone who can pop in to help you out if needs be? Will your partner be at home for a few days after the birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have a 21 month old and 15 day old.
    No c section.But stitches, which are sore.
    If you have a childminder...keep them going to the minder or creche, even part time
    Maximise the time your partner has off, if he can take time off.
    Use grandparents, friends,aunts uncles etc.
    Pre-freeze meals for you and the toddler.I hold up my hands and admit I stocked up on Supervalu fishcakes and potato waffles, along with pre-making loads of frozen dinners for her myself, so she's easily fed.
    Grocery shop online.
    Get the toddler independent now if you can.Ours climbs the stairs with one of us right behind her, feeds herself (mostly), sleeps herself etc.The things that are hard are getting her in and out of the highchair, bath, cot etc.I'm still not able to lift much so thats hard.
    Have a box of 'rainy day'toys in the cupboard.....crayons, paper, stickers, jigsaws etc, new stuff to hold their interest a bit.
    Grab sleep when you can ( I haven't cracked that one yet).
    And keep telling yourself it won't last forever.
    I'll let you know how it works out in a few weeks!!!

Advertisement