Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on Ryanair

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/business/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

if it gets rolled up in the next winter flu shot all the better.

We could all be immunized against the Common Cold except there are loads of variants.
    In the future with steady advances in the process of producing vaccine we could all be almost totally cold and flu free.
    It isn't the end of civilisation as we know it.

Did you even read the article?
    But even when proceeding at an "emergency speed," a vaccine would not be available for use for at least a year or 18 months, he said Tuesday.

It won't be in the next winter flu shot.

I think the world financial markets can survive that long. Some octogenarians might not and we might have to be careful around them in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Geuze wrote: »
    Touched 16 earlier this year, now at 13.

12.33 now.

Does anybody know if Ryanair are down as much, more or less than other airlines?

EasyJet were down suffering too similarly.
    Ryanair aren't suffering excessively. It is the entire industry.

Vultures are circling over Norwegian at the moment. Many think this will be the final nail in the coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Continuing the downward trend. 11.84 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Delta are down ~15%
    American Airlines are down ~ 21%
    EasyJet are down ~29%

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

If this goes below 10 I’ll be very interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

point of note - dollar has weakened and oil prices have dropped considerably. Jet fuel has dropped over 20% in the last 6 weeks.

Some decent hedging and profits will be higher than expected

Bought another €1800 of Ryanair.
    February passenger loads were good despite mass hysteria since the start of the year.
    They are adjusting supply in affected areas i.e. Northern Italy for coming two months.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0303/1119849-ryanair-passenger-numbers/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭littlevillage

February passenger loads were good despite mass hysteria since the start of the year.
    They are adjusting supply in affected areas i.e. Northern Italy for coming two months.

Have traded Airlines for years and made some nice profits. I don't hold any at the moment, got out a few weeks back when it became evident that Coronavirus was much worse than Chinese had said.

I can't understand the stockmarket rallies of yesterday and likely again today .... think we have not seen the worst of Coronavirus yet ...and the bottom of the market has still not been reached.

I wouldn't touch Airline, travel or leisure shares especially... (despite them being up about 10% in two days). good luck to ya if you make a profit, but if it was me, I'd be cashing out now....and waiting for the real bottom of the market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

The leap day in Feb might have influenced the FEB to FEB growth numbers as well as that day being a Saturday maybe?

unplayable wrote: »
    If this goes below 10 I’ll be very interested

It's now under 10.50.

Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's holding up remarkably well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Performing better than many other airlines. Surely this spells the end of Norwegian? Can't see them lasting much longer in these conditions

crushproof wrote: »
    Performing better than many other airlines. Surely this spells the end of Norwegian? Can't see them lasting much longer in these conditions

Their share price is under 10 NOK, down from over 40 a year ago, and over 150 NOK in the past.

As far as I can make out, the market cap of Norwegian is under 3bn NOK, so that's under 300m euro??

09.03.2020 = 2.59bn NOK

13.03.2020 under 1.5bn NOK, so actually less than 200m euro today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I had a buy order at €10 the other day and it was fullfilled. Have put some more money into Degiro and will set a buy order for €9.50 and just leave it.

Was thinking of trying to bring down my BOI bep but not sure if it's worth it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Their share price is under 10 NOK, down from over 40 a year ago, and over 150 NOK in the past.

As far as I can make out, the market cap of Norwegian is under 3bn NOK, so that's under 300m euro??

09.03.2020 = 2.59bn NOK

13.03.2020 under 1.5bn NOK, so actually less than 200m euro today.

Look at the balance sheets not the prices. This is a capital intensive industry, facing into a couple of critical years. Access to finance will determine who survives and who does well. Anyone that has to do major refinancing in the next six months is probably going to get into difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

It's now under 10.50.

Keep the faith.

wouldnt be buying at the moment this could go very low. im waiting

Yes, very, very bad out there for airlines.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51875271

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Big drop off this morning, you'd wonder how much lower it could go for the share price.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Big drop off this morning, you'd wonder how much lower it could go for the share price.....

That's the question I'm asking myself because I do want to get in. Have to keep an eye on travel bans lifting, which have only really started...

Lucky I didn't buy at 9.50. might just just see where it goes now. Could get in for <8

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Bought in at 8:20 my BEP point now at 8:80.

I don't need the cash right now, I can work from home so going to try wait out any more dips.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

sonyvision wrote: »
    Bought in at 8:20 my BEP point now at 8:80.

I don't need the cash right now, I can work from home so going to try wait out any more dips.

That's a great price, one would think. I'll see how the next couple of days go. Anything under 10 might seem a bargain in a few years, but with the travel uncertainty I think it's worth waiting.

BREAKING:

Ryanair set to ground majority of fest accross Europe over the next 10 days. Set for 80% reduction in flights during April/May!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Airlines are in the toilet. Won't touch them until there's signs of travel bans being lifted.

Even then the profits for this year will be shot to bits soo P/E ratios etc. will dictate that Share prices will not automatically go back to where they were, pre virus. So temper expectations for the recovery too.

I fear government bailouts and nationalization as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Ryanair holding up remarkably well, market must believe it will be certain to survive

I don't currently own it

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Ryanair holding up remarkably well, market must believe it will be certain to survive

I don't currently own it

On my list at these levels, whiplash recovery will benefit airlines greatly.

• Advertisement

Back below €9. I've an order in for €8.00.

Thinking I should cancel that and wait.

Advertisement