Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on Ryanair

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Wheety wrote: »
    Back below €9. I've an order in for €8.00.

Thinking I should cancel that and wait.

Airlines will get worse before they get better. It'll be another month before the lockdowns will be lifted and many more till Ryanair bring back routes which actually sell, with many, many more months of lower-than-low fees to entice people to fly again. I'm gonna buy into Ryanair 100% but no need to rush yet, there will be no V shape recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Ryanair would be a lot more attractive without the oil hedges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's holding above 8 remarkably well, if 8 breaks (closes below) , it's heading for 5 which would bring it back to 2013 levels

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

as they are going to ground the majority of their fleet in the next two weeks this will tank again. ill be looking to get in sub 5 euro.

unplayable wrote: »
    as they are going to ground the majority of their fleet in the next two weeks this will tank again. ill be looking to get in sub 5 euro.

Would be a tremendous buy, Ryanair will survive unless air travel is dead henceforth from here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Down to 8.34 so I've cancelled my order. Will wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Gman1987

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    It's holding above 8 remarkably well, if 8 breaks (closes below) , it's heading for 5 which would bring it back to 2013 levels

Are Ryanair still buying shares up? if so that might be helping to keep up the price. I tend to agree, I would be in no rush to buy

Held above 8 which is impressive considering easyjet closed below 5

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Ger1987 wrote: »
    Are Ryanair still buying shares up? if so that might be helping to keep up the price. I tend to agree, I would be in no rush to buy

You’d have to imagine so but they too need to conserve cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

unplayable wrote: »

The grounding of the fleet would already be factored into the share price, however literally anything can happen now given whats happening across the stock markets. I expect Ryanair will come through this stronger (every chance that a lot of airlines wont even come throught it), but how low it will go before then is anybodys guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Ger1987 wrote: »

I read that the share re-purchase scheme was stopped as part of the reaction to this crisis.

Conserve cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Ryanair cutting stuff and executive pay by 50%. Let's see how this effects the share price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Would think the share price will fall when they ground most of their fleet. Saving cash but no income. They also be looking at stopping any talks with boeing over the new Maxs for the next while or else they'll be getting bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Any truth in a couple of roumers going around that there approaching other airlines that are in trouble trying to buy airframes on the cheap

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ZX7R wrote: »
    Any truth in a couple of roumers going around that there approaching other airlines that are in trouble trying to buy airframes on the cheap

They tried to do that after September 11th, I don't know if they ever actually bought them mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They tried to do that after September 11th, I don't know if they ever actually bought them mind.

They got a new fleet at like 10% of the cost price I believe. Manufacturers were on their knees so it was good business by Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

Every time i think that Ryanair is cheap or whether the stock market correctly discounts information - i think back to August 2019 when Ryanair was trading at 8.50 euro on news of the delayed 737 Max deliveries impacting 2020 growth figures + Brexit disruption concerns...........it gives me a chuckle to see it trading above that 8.50 level consistently over the past few weeks when effectively European air travel as we know it has all but stopped........either the August 2019 people were wrong or people today are wrong or both

letitroll wrote: »
    Every time i think that Ryanair is cheap or whether the stock market correctly discounts information - i think back to August 2019 when Ryanair was trading at 8.50 euro on news of the delayed 737 Max deliveries impacting 2020 growth figures + Brexit disruption concerns...........it gives me a chuckle to see it trading above that 8.50 level consistently over the past few weeks when effectively European air travel as we know it has all but stopped........either the August 2019 people were wrong or people today are wrong or both

last august was more about brexit anxiety than the problems of boeing , all irish shares rallied very hard from august onwards , the price was irrationally low back then and almost doubled by year end despite the issues surrounding boeing still unresolved

its showing extremely strong support above eight this past few weeks and is a good buy if it tests eight again this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Will ryanair get off the ground again this year is the question I would be asking not to mind the damage this virus has done to international travel in the long run

letitroll wrote: »

And yet today it's back up to 10.50.....

https://investor.ryanair.com/share-price/

The recent low was 8.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Gradually lower and lower..... I'm interested but will give it more time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Gradually lower and lower..... I'm interested but will give it more time....

Yeah, same as .... but gonna wait til it tests €8.50 or lower again, before pulling the trigger.

8.98 r

8.98 r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

8.60 earlier, I'd say its down regarding the EU cash refunds directive.

8.50 is my first buying point

bcklschaps wrote: »
    8.60 earlier, I'd say its down regarding the EU cash refunds directive.

8.50 is my first buying point

You're brave.

I am nervous.

The Update on 1st May states the following: Q1 (Apr/May/June) pax down 99.5%, and then Q2 (July-Sep) traffic down 50%.

I think Q2 traffic forecast of -50% seems too optimistic??

For the year ending 31st March 2021, they forecast 100m pax, down from approx 150m last year. I can't see enough traffic returning to make it to 100m.....???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Geuze wrote: »
    You're brave.

I am nervous.

The Update on 1st May states the following: Q1 (Apr/May/June) pax down 99.5%, and then Q2 (July-Sep) traffic down 50%.

I think Q2 traffic forecast of -50% seems too optimistic??

For the year ending 31st March 2021, they forecast 100m pax, down from approx 150m last year. I can't see enough traffic returning to make it to 100m.....???????

"Got my finger on the trigger but it don't seem right" (Status Quo - In the Army Now)

holding my fire for another hour to see how US opens :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 s3ndnudes

Bought in at 8.60 today. Happy enough with the entry point. Would also be ok with building out the position a little bit if it goes lower. I plan to hold long term but might book profits if there is a bounce over the coming months. Small part of the portfolio anyway but I do think it will be back in the 12-16ish range some time over the next 12 - 18 months assuming Coronavirus doesn't linger on that long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

s3ndnudes wrote: »
    Bought in at 8.60 today. Happy enough with the entry point. Would also be ok with building out the position a little bit if it goes lower. I plan to hold long term but might book profits if there is a bounce over the coming months. Small part of the portfolio anyway but I do think it will be back in the 12-16ish range some time over the next 12 - 18 months assuming Coronavirus doesn't linger on that long!

Got in at 8.3x earlier too. I've bought a few airlines in full knowledge that some might go under. I just think ultimately they'll be a good play once this is over - air travel will return even if corporate travel is reduced (can definitely see that happening).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

I bought at 10.5 not too long ago so down 20%.

Am I nuts to put the same amount in again now if i get them in or around 8.5 or should I just ride it out?

Am I throwing good money after bad?

(I am in no rush and can leave the money in there for as long as it takes to see a return)

Advertisement