Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Gyms

• 11-04-2016 11:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for some gyms in Galway, all I want really is weights and a bench press and power cage.

Anyone know of any gyms in Athenry / Oranmore / Ballybrit area that would have this setup?

And that would not cost an arm and a leg?
    Pay as you go would be better :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The Warehouse Gym wouldn't be too far from Ballybrit. It's up near the roundabout at the top of the Ballybane Rd where you'd head for Ballybrit.

PAYG is €9 (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The warehouse is a good gym, check their Facebook as they often have short 1-3/month deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Thanks for replies.

Anyone aware of any gyms in Athenry direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

juke wrote: »

Thanks. That seems to be mainly classes though. I just want to go in. Do my own thing and go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

The Warehouse gym would be ideal if not too far from you.

Maybe check out http://www.district.ie/ I know they do a lot of classes but might just have an open gym option and are in Athenry.

French Vanoli in Oranmore is a Crossfit box but if a member you can use the gym for Solo work.

connollys wrote: »
    The Warehouse gym would be ideal if not too far from you.

Maybe check out http://www.district.ie/ I know they do a lot of classes but might just have an open gym option and are in Athenry.

French Vanoli in Oranmore is a Crossfit box but if a member you can use the gym for Solo work.

Yeah. Warehouse seems good alright. Anyone know if they offer pay as you go ?

District could be an option too if the classes didn't take the place over. Not sure if it has a separate dedicated gym etc

Yeah. Warehouse seems good alright. Anyone know if they offer pay as you go ?

District could be an option too if the classes didn't take the place over. Not sure if it has a separate dedicated gym etc

Yeah, as above, it's €9 for PAYG.

Really good gym.

Yeah, as above, it's €9 for PAYG.

Really good gym.

Oops. Thanks.

Saucy enough. I used to do pay as you go a few months ago at a decent gym in Dublin for 5.50.

Oops. Thanks.

Saucy enough. I used to do pay as you go a few months ago at a decent gym in Dublin for 5.50.

To be fair, there are very few gyms in Dublin at that. Used to be €6.60 into a local authority gym and it had nothing like the equipment in Warehouse. €9 would be in or around standard for any decently kitted gym in Dublin

• Advertisement

To be fair, there are very few gyms in Dublin at that. Used to be €6.60 into a local authority gym and it had nothing like the equipment in Warehouse. €9 would be in or around standard for any decently kitted gym in Dublin

So much for cost of living being cheaper outside of Dublin ; )

If you're going to be going more than once a week, there are short-term memberships that work out cheaper. 1-month would be €49 for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

So much for cost of living being cheaper outside of Dublin ; )

- Cheap
    - Well equipped

Pick one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

In fairness 7-9 quid would be the norm in sligo too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

In fairness 7-9 quid would be the norm in sligo too

Is Genesis still doing 2/euro day passes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Caliden wrote: »
    - Cheap
    - Well equipped

Pick one ;)

LOLSNORT! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

The Warehouse Gym wouldn't be too far from Ballybrit. It's up near the roundabout at the top of the Ballybane Rd where you'd head for Ballybrit.

PAYG is €9 (I think)

Hi

Does anyone know if the warehouse gym has parking on site ?
    and is it free?

Cant seem to find the info on their site.

Hi

Does anyone know if the warehouse gym has parking on site ?
    and is it free?

Cant seem to find the info on their site.

Yeah there's parking. 99.9% sure it's free but give 'em a call if you want to be 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Warehouse gym has a large free carpark.

Advertisement