Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to hear from BOI re. Mortgage approval?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

We lodged our mortgage application over 3 weeks ago, just wondering how long before you should get word weather it's approved or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

scarbouro wrote: »
    We lodged our mortgage application over 3 weeks ago, just wondering how long before you should get word weather it's approved or not?
    For my very recent experience
    I met BOI in branch on Friday the 1st, Submitted my documentation on Monday the 4th and had a phone call telling me I was approved on Thursday the 7th with a letter arriving on Friday the 8th.
    So very fast. If its been 3 weeks you should give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

brownej wrote: »
    For my very recent experience
    I met BOI in branch on Friday the 1st, Submitted my documentation on Monday the 4th and had a phone call telling me I was approved on Thursday the 7th with a letter arriving on Friday the 8th.
    So very fast. If its been 3 weeks you should give them a call.

God that was quick! Congrats on the approval. I have tried ringing the branch 4 times today and can't get through. No one ever answers the phone in that place. Yea, I'm thinking 3 weeks is a bit long to not here anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

We had same problem, we waited nearly 5 for an answer. They declined and we appealed and 5 days later we were approved. This was only last week. There was a backlog of applications. But eventually got back to us

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Took 3 days for approval in principle for us back in February (same thing?). But we bank and have credit cards etc with them. It probably speeds things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Talk To...Bank of Ireland where BOI staff and customers can advise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

We lodged our mortgage application over 3 weeks ago,  just wondering how long before you should get word weather it's approved or not?
    Hi scarbouro,

An update on a mortgage application generally takes 48 hours. It can take longer if other documents , statements etc. are required. We're sorry to hear you have been unable to contact your Branch regarding your application. Perhaps we can we help you here? 

If you would like to send us a PM with your full name, contact number and the Branch you have applied with, we'll be happy to arrange a call to you from a Mortgage Advisor. 

Please be careful not to send any account details in your PM.

To send us a PM please ensure to have your signatures set to display in your control panel and you can then click on my signature link to send PM.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Many Thanks,
    Alison

Advertisement