Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLEAUT32 DLL file expects a newer version of Windows Upgrade

Options
  • 11-04-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI, am not sure if am posting this in the right place am new to Boards,
    I have an old Windows 95 computer for Running a Seaward Scepter for CE testing.

Everything was working fine, until I tried to connect something to the computer to simulate a printer.

Now the sceptre software wont open on the computer and the paint i was to put the screen shoot of the program wont open.

I am getting this error when I try open the paint

The C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLEAUT32 DLL file expects a newer version of Windows. Upgrade your Windows version

Anyone any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This should be in a new thread, not reviving one from 2008. I've flagged it for the mods to move.

Sounds like you installed a driver that doesnt like 95, did you install any software along with the printer?

Advertisement