Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Unifier - Unknown usercode

Options
  • 11-04-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've somehow managed to change the user code on my alarm. I know this seems unlikely but as it's not recognising my user code I assume that's what has happened.
    When I first became aware of the issue, it followed a bleary-eyed, early morning, clumsy attempt to unset the code with me apparently entering the wrong code a few times.

I've had an alarm company out and they say that the only option available, is to replace the whole system. This seems a little excessive to me. So I thought I'd just put it out there to see if they may be right.
    I appreciate that you don't want there to be backdoors into the system but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a method (a jumper setting/startup sequence?) to perform a factory reset that will set it back to default settings.

The company who installed the system are no longer in business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You won't get anyone in here to tell you how to reset a panel but any decent engineer will reset it and give you a new code. Definitely no need to change the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rphoist

You won't get anyone in here to tell you how to reset a panel but any decent engineer will reset it and give you a new code. Definitely no need to change the panel.

That's fair enough. I suppose I just wanted to confirm my suspicions. BTW are you speaking from actual knowledge of the specific system or a knowledge of how these alarms are configure in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Actual knowledge.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 to all fred said there. The panel can be defaulted without the need to replace everything.

Advertisement