Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appointment set up incorrectly

Options
  • 11-04-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there, 

I'm just kind of unhappy with the service I've received from Electric Ireland, I'm probably not expecting a resolution - but I'd like it to be logged, because if there's a glitch somewhere, I'd like it to be rectified.

The guys called to my door at the start of March asking me to change, I agreed to change for a prepaid Electric Ireland account, I spent about 30 minutes with these guys at the door - going through a lot of information and providing them with details.

They advised me that my appointment would take some time, and we arranged a date that suited me, which was April 7th.

I got 2 text messages previous to this appointment, saying someone would be here on April 7th between 8am and 1pm. I made sure I didn't leave the house between this time.

By 2pm, I called to say that no-one had arrived yet, and I was told the appointment was 'not logged correctly'. I'm not sure how this happened, when I got messages to make sure I was here.

I tried to arrange another time, but the only date available was April 20th, which didn't suit me.
    This was the only appointment available in April, May or June!

I had no choice but to cancel this, and I feel like a lot of time has been wasted - I just want to try to avoid this happening to anyone else also!

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi paudy1000,

We're sorry to read of your poor customer experience.

Could you please send us a private message with the following information?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number (if you were provided with one) or MPRN of your meter
    • Your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth as they were provided to the agent at the door
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement