Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call cost to 076 from betamax provider?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

How much do providers (freevoipdeal, voipcheap etc) charge for calling 076 numbers? Their rates specify mobile, landline and national rates but no VoIP rates. I would have thought it should be free but they might charge the national rate which is higher (some cases 10 times more).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They can be treated like regular geographic landlines or at the 0818 rate.

If they dont make it clear, ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It is a while since I tested that, but VOIP calls are free though freeVOIPDeal simply because I deliberately use the VOIP URI for all 076 numbers in my contact list.

Examples would be

076xxxxxxx@freespeech.ie
    <user number>@blueface.ie
    <user name>@sip.linphone.org

and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Thanks for replies, Sipdiscount charges the national rate for 076 calls (25c) whereas mobiles and landlines are less than 1c.
    076 is as costly as 1890 / 0818 etc for calls from all phones it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 christopher.sm

Calls to 076 are always over charged and are not considered as local or national calls. The destination network decides how much to charge for incoming calls. If you have unlimited plan to call landlines and mobiles, calls to 076 are not included : you will be charged to call 076.

Advertisement