Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir overhead wires

Options
  • 11-04-2016 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I have moved into a new house in Dublin. There are phone lines coming into the house but I am not a customer and have no plans for that to change. Can you let me know what the process is to request the removal of the wires from my property.

Kind regards

Cionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

It is likely if you even want service from another provider that use same line as Eir then removing these would impede installation in future.

Also may be worth checking with Virgin if it could be their line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Cionn wrote: »
    I have moved into a new house in Dublin.  There are phone lines coming into the house but I am not a customer and have no plans for that to change.  Can you let me know what the process is to request the removal of the wires from my property.

Kind regards

Cionn
    Hi  Cionn,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Is this the internal wiring in your home? I'm afraid we would be able to provide alterations to internal wiring however a technician should be able to tidy these wires up for you. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Hi  Cionn,

Is this the internal wiring in your home? I'm afraid we would be able to provide alterations to internal wiring however a technician should be able to tidy these wires up for you. 

-Pamela 

Pamela,

I have no expectation for any internal works. My request purely relates to wires coming into my property from the street for a service I don't use and don't plan to use.

Regards

Cionn

Hi  Cionn,

-Pamela 

Pamela,

I have no expectation for any internal works.  My request purely relates to wires coming into my property from the street for a service I don't use and don't plan to use.  

Regards

Cionn
    These requests can be submitted via the plant alterations department here Cionn  http://support.eir.ie/article/plantalterations

-Pamela

These requests can be submitted via the plant alterations department here Cionn  http://support.eir.ie/article/plantalterations

-Pamela

Pamela,

Thanks the link you have provided talks about €300 survey fees. In my case can I presume that this will not apply as there is no contract between Sir and myself. I just want the eir property removed from my property.

Regards

Ken

• Advertisement

-Pamela

Pamela,

Thanks the link you have provided talks about €300 survey fees.  In my case can I presume that this will not apply as there is no contract between Sir and myself.  I just want the eir property removed from my property.

Regards

Ken
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If this is a health and safety issue fee's will not apply [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Cionn [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]a[/font]nd these changes can be requested via dangerous plants on 1850245424.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]However if it is not [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] fee's will apply as you are requesting changes to eir infrastructure. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

-Pamela

Thanks the link you have provided talks about €300 survey fees.  In my case can I presume that this will not apply as there is no contract between Sir and myself.  I just want the eir property removed from my property.
    Contact them anyways. Its their job to do it. If they dont then you can disconnect it at the gable end and they'll be required to send an emergency technician to clear the cable off the street. 

ED E wrote: »

-Pamela

Contact them anyways. Its their job to do it. If they dont then you can disconnect it at the gable end and they'll be required to send an emergency technician to clear the cable off the street. 
    I'm afraid this is incorrect, these lines would be property of eir ED E and it is a health and safety issue for anyone other than a qualified technician to alter these as lines as they could be live. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

-Pamela

I'm afraid this is incorrect, these lines would be property of eir ED E and it is a health and safety issue for anyone other than a qualified technician to alter these as lines as they could be live. 

-Pamela 
    The 48v DC hold voltage isn't capable of more than a minor sting, though theoretically you are correct.

As OpenEir have no blanket wayleave like ESB Networks if the OP requests removal he's entitled to your plant being removed from the property. 

-Pamela

-Pamela 
    The 48v DC hold voltage isn't capable of more than a minor sting, though theoretically you are correct.

As OpenEir have no blanket wayleave like ESB Networks if the OP requests removal he's entitled to your plant being removed from the property. 
    I understand this ED E however these lines are property of eir and a site survey would be required to determine possible removal /relocation of the lines.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

I understand this ED E however these lines are property of eir and a site survey would be required to determine possible removal /relocation of the lines.

-Pamela 
    Pamela,

Thanks for the response but why would I need to pay 300 for a site survey ? I am not in any contract with Eir, I am the owner of the property and looking for the removal of the Eir 'property' from my principle private residence.

I would love to see the legislation that gives Eir rights over my property.

Thanks

Cionn

-Pamela 
    Pamela,

Thanks for the response but why would I need to pay 300 for a site survey ?  I am not in any contract with Eir, I am the owner of the property and looking for the removal of the Eir 'property' from my principle private residence.

I would love to see the legislation that gives Eir rights over my property.

Thanks

Cionn
    As these are overhead cables Cionn other customers may also be receiving service through these. Unauthorised removal could impact the service of other's. I do understand your frustration and I'm sorry cant assist you further with this here. The best recommendation that I can give you is to contact plant alterations and they will be able to advise you of your options here.

-Pamela 

Advertisement