Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir modem query

Options
  • 11-04-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Just got a final bill for 59.99 for a modem, I was never advised I would be charged for this? Can u look into this please?

Deirdre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Walshd07 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just got a final bill for 59.99 for a modem, I was never advised I would be charged for this? Can u look into this please?

Deirdre
    Hi Walshd07,

Thanks for getting in touch.

When closing an account you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf. "If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract."

Usually a courier would contact you to arrange collection of the modem, have anyone been in contact in relation to this?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Walshd07

Hi Pamela,

No one was in contact to arrange this? Can u pass on my details to relevant department, or give me a number to contact?

Best regards
    Deirdre

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Walshd07

Any ideas Pamela?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

No one was in contact to arrange this? Can u pass on my details to relevant department, or give me a number to contact?

Best regards
    Deirdre
    No problem Deirdre, Can you PM me your account number and I'll check this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nelley

Hi,

Deirdre
    Hi Deirdre, I just got the same bill. I chatted to a rep online at their web site (Just this morning). I asked the question "Why should I pay for your equipment?" The reply I got was swift. They apologized and told me they would credit my next bill with a full refund. €59.99. Be sure to have a copy of the conversation sent to your email. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement