Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molly Keane Award

• 11-04-2016 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Has anyone entered this, and do you know when the winners will be announced?

I know the presentation of the prize is in June, but the closing date for entries was 11th March, so I presume the judging should be finished soon?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You normally don't hear til close enough to the date with writing competitions. Maybe a month before at most. The announcement is part of the marketing build-up for the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Thanks. I'd just like to sent the short story elsewhere, but can't do so until I know for definite it hasn't got anywhere in this competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Thanks. I'd just like to sent the short story elsewhere, but can't do so until I know for definite it hasn't got anywhere in this competition.

Some competitions due allow simultaneous entries, e.g The Bristol Prize https://www.bristolprize.co.uk/rules/
    They do ask that you notify them and withdraw if you are accepted for publication or win a prize elsewhere. I think that is much fairer than a blanket ban on submitting a story that is being considered elsewhere, given how long the judging process does take for many competitions.

Advertisement