Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs.ie no longer selling to Ireland?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just checked the site this morning as I ordered a PC off of them but it appears they no longer sell to Ireland as of today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Could you send it to a parcelmotel or addresspal address?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kraz

The PC I ordered is fine, It's already in Ireland, I was just posting this to inform people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Best to inform them not to use dabs at all. ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I use Dabs all the time and will miss it sorely :( ...however...The new BT store delivers to Ireland :)

I have a cable on the way. It will be here tomorrow . Dabs are still honoring warranties in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's a very strange thing to do. I wonder what their thinking is behind that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's a very strange thing to do. I wonder what their thinking is behind that decision.

I'd say nobody buying from them. We are not a big country so limited market and then nobody here ever recommends them, they always recommend a German store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Never used Dabs myself pricing was a turnoff just more expensive than other sites i used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I purchased a new graphics card from them a few weeks ago cause it was cheaper than other places. That's a shame as I was going to purchase something else later from them as well. Probably not enough buyers as was said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dabs is going full stop, they're not just stopping selling to Ireland, the UK dabs site is gone as well.

They're just running the one BT site now, but that doesn't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Used them a few times but since I got a Business account set up for Amazon I haven't in awhile, would always look as the site was well curated and a nice range of stuff.
    Dabs is going full stop, they're not just stopping selling to Ireland, the UK dabs site is gone as well.

Says it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

BT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

BT?

BT Business Direct

Not sure if it's just rebranding..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Says here that they do ship tp Ireland,
    https://www.shop.bt.com/delivery-details

Republic of Ireland
    Service Order value Price
    Standard delivery (2 day delay standard) £0.00 - £120.00 £7.98
    £120.01 and above £14.40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

http://www.businessdirect.btireland.com/

Price s are even in euro

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes BT owns Dabs to probably just a rebrand and end of Dabs name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Prices are pretty bad compared to other popular options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not really a re-branding, the BT store has always been there, the two existed side by side until now.

You can't buy from Ireland anymore unless you're a business customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

Damn, I used to use Dabs.ie all the time.
    Never had a problem with them.

Advertisement