Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 11th April 2016 - Spoilers and Discussion

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was odd watching RAW, and having it not feel like a chore sitting through it, only thing I skipped were the Dr. Phil segments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Loughc wrote: »
    I actually like Gallows and Anderson's debut. If the WWE are clever they'll let it be a slow burner until they fully introduce a WWE version of The Bullet Club. Often if a storyline starts off full hog it burns out very quickly. (Hey Nexus how you doin')

I think it be a slow burner alright, maybe two weeks :pac:. That's slow burning in WWE.

I think AJ will probably end up the leader of the group, I think Vince and HHH will add someone from NXT they see big things in (a bit like HHH did with Reigns in the Shield). I don't see Balor been a heel when he debuts on the main roster, he be Vince's new Jeff Hardy more then likely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Positive show, lots of fresh matches and faces, think like Wyatt getting a change freshen him up a lot. Reigns looking the part as a main event talent by bringing people up with him rather than above everyone all very good.

Not so good is the womens division, a championship match and Dr Phil is one of the people showcased? bizarre. No use of the other ladies from the show stealing mania match was also disappointing, hoping that was to keep something for Smackdown.

Really hope the expansion of the roster will lead to a mini brand split to help build stories better and keep fresh feuds, reduce overexposure of talent. For example Reigns and Wyatt shouldn't end up teaming again, AJ and Reigns shouldn't interact, Owens v Zayn should rest for a full week to build anticipation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For some reason I expected more than 8 teams in the tournament. But I guess then we would have had a load of thrown together teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The Anderson & Gallows debut was cool but the commentary reminded me of every TNA debut ever!

• Site Banned Posts: 14 Days and Days

The Anderson & Gallows debut was cool but the commentary reminded me of every TNA debut ever!

Thank you as I actually thought it was just me thinking that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It was a pretty good debut. I was raging that I was actually turning away for that instant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Doc Anderson and Karl Gallows? Is that legal?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Miz and that segment with the M&M's, clever nod to Van Halen :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Or Wayne's World :)

Such a good Raw this week I even watched SD. So refreshing not having Stephanie dressing everybody down.

I think they could have done something better with the familty dynamic but glad with the outcome giving us a face authority who is actually giving the spotlight to the guys people LIKE. Assumung it lasts a while, that is..

I'd like to see Shane amp up his delivery a bit as they seem to be going a bit too far with the nice guy delivery.

They have so many great talents now that I think it's the best opportunity ever to give guys a break and keep the matches fresh - or less stale. A really big roster on semi full-time contracts could make 5 hours of tv every week a lot more watchable. Even the commentary is doing a better job of talking up the guys in the ring. No mention of their size this week.

Owens is incredible for a guy with his girth. Really deserves a strong consistent push to the top. Such a natural heel and the small things like talking shít during a match is so simple but effective.

Charlotte and Flair are also great as a heel combo. I even enjoyed Dr. Phils woo off with Flair. Brilliant match with Natalya.

Anderson/Gallows just look legit. Not convinced of debuting them with the godawful and dull Uso's but will be amazed if they are not great.

Reigns still horrible, chubby faced Jericho as a heel is just great to watch. Can see Bray being a huge face if they ditch the goofy gimmick and delivery.

Mauro Ranallo has been toned down a lot since his debut on SD. Byron Saxton seems like one of those guys who will be future endeavored in a couple of years time leaving everybody wondering why they gave him so much tv time to begin with..

Excited about Raw tomorrow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement