Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MJohnston wrote: »
    After you rodeo and remove the battery, you can rodeo again and you'll drop a grenade into the battery chamber.

I've found it to generally not be worth the risk. once you pull the battery, you're lit up like a christmas tree with a glowing green trail on your back, you also appear on the hud of the titan you stole from. If you are playing with a friend, you could get them to do the second rodeo for the distraction maybe?

Quick tip I've found very useful, if you are rodeo'd and have an electric smoke, pop it and then make sure to crouch. This almost always results in the attacker getting killed by the smoke.

Also -scream for help like a little girl. it can be quite funny, it looks like your titan got some food stuck in its throat and everyone else is slapping it on the back to free up the obstruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I've been playing this completely wrong! Thanks for the tips :)

🤪

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've had a bit of success with the MGL. Obviously most effective when you're in the relative safety of a nearby building or assisting one of your team's Titans. It can take a while, but certainly possible to do enough damage to knock it into doomed status if you play your cards right.

Definitely much more reluctant to rodeo in TF2 compared to TF1. As handy as a battery can be, just feels like the risk is much greater for less of a reward than you got in the first game. Still occasions when it's definitely worth it, but it's gone from my primary anti-titan strategy to an occasional afterthought.

I've had a bit of success with the MGL. Obviously most effective when you're in the relative safety of a nearby building or assisting one of your team's Titans. It can take a while, but certainly possible to do enough damage to knock it into doomed status if you play your cards right.

Definitely much more reluctant to rodeo in TF2 compared to TF1. As handy as a battery can be, just feels like the risk is much greater for less of a reward than you got in the first game. Still occasions when it's definitely worth it, but it's gone from my primary anti-titan strategy to an occasional afterthought.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a nerf to the MLG, its very easy to stand back and spam it over rooftops coupled with amped weapons and increased ammuntion, it seems to have big enough splash damage to the point that it affects groups of titans, and also catches those smaller titan like robots (reapers?)

• Advertisement

A quick aside - has anyone managed to get the achievement for killing 3 enemies while sliding?

I had a prime checkpoint last night in the campaign with an opportunity but no matter how many times i did it, it wouldnt pop - is it a multiplayer achievement?

• A quick aside - has anyone managed to get the achievement for killing 3 enemies while sliding?

I had a prime checkpoint last night in the campaign with an opportunity but no matter how many times i did it, it wouldnt pop - is it a multiplayer achievement?

Campaign man

*Edit* Spoiler alert as this is near the end so watch at risk!

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Campaign man

*Edit* Spoiler alert as this is near the end so watch at risk!

Aww man, I could be wrong, but the start of that vid is a huge spoiler.

EDIT* I was too late :(

• Aww man, I could be wrong, but the start of that vid is a huge spoiler.

EDIT* I was too late :(

**** really sorry I just grabbed the vid from youtube then watched it as I posted link

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    **** really sorry I just grabbed the vid from youtube then watched it as I posted link

ah, we wont fall out over it, just don't come crying to me when someones trying to rodeo you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Finished the single player campaign was rather excellent, first single player fps since bioshock infinite I actually finished.
    Multiplayer too is excellent, well worth €22 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've wiped out plenty of titans with the Charge Rifle (helps of they've lost some health already though!). After you level it up a few levels you get an upgrade for an instant shot but with less damage.
    You can fire lots of shots very quick and duck in and out of cover, great against medium range titans. Aim for the shiny parts for higher damage and throw a personal shield into the mix which will amp your shots too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Dcully wrote: »
    Finished the single player campaign was rather excellent, first single player fps since bioshock infinite I actually finished.

Agreed. Would rate this as one of the best, if not the best, FPS campaign I have ever played. Excellent. The multiplayer is top notch as well, so quick paced (although I suck at being a Titan).

Got this and Battlefield 1 at the same time and, in my humble opinion, this game outperforms BF1 in every department. Shame about the sales:(

DLC coming Nov 30th, as promised all DLC will be free.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Where you get it for €22?

Awh PC only I presume? Cheapest I seem to found it online for the PS4 is around £40, anyone know anywhere lower?

Yeah PC.

You might find it cheap for your PS4 this week somewhere with black Friday sales?

Yeah PC.

You might find it cheap for your PS4 this week somewhere with black Friday sales?

Yeah it starts tomorrow, I'm hoping it'll be on in but it's not on the US sale i doubt it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

DLC coming Nov 30th, as promised all DLC will be free.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/

I like the fact that the new store will be cosmetic only and no loot boxes, it seems that they really care about what fans want and not bleeding them dry with pay to win crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    I like the fact that the new store will be cosmetic only and no loot boxes, it seems that they really care about what fans want and not bleeding them dry with pay to win crap.
    They probably learned a lot from watching Rainbow 6 over at Ubisoft.

For the last year Rainbow 6 has built a large community from scratch. The strategy - selling cosmetic items, giving all DLC maps and additional characters away for free. They also sold a season pass which basically bundled lots of cosmetic gear and 1 week early access to newly released characters.

They have announced that year 2 for Rainbow 6 will follow on with free DLC. I hope many other developers are taking note.

They probably learned a lot from watching Rainbow 6 over at Ubisoft.

For the last year Rainbow 6 has built a large community from scratch. The strategy - selling cosmetic items, giving all DLC maps and additional characters away for free. They also sold a season pass which basically bundled lots of cosmetic gear and 1 week early access to newly released characters.

They have announced that year 2 for Rainbow 6 will follow on with free DLC. I hope many other developers are taking note.

I'm done with season passes myself. I did shell out for the deluxe edition of gears and have a small bit of buyers remorse on that one as I'm not playing it as much as I thought I would, but the days of me immediately coughing up 45 to 50 quid for a blind buy on map packs is gone.

On the flipside I was quite happy to buy Halo 5 twice (digital and physical), as the content is good, and the packs are completely optional. This COD nonsense of hiding weapons / upgraded variants in random drops is a joke.

• New just broke that Titanfall 2 - sold 385,499 units first week at retail
    That's across 3 platforms
    Doesn't account for digital sales but still that's very low
    Compare that to Titanfall 1 sold 400k+ in it's first week on Xbox alone
    Nonsense from EA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

They launched at an awful time though. Why they did not delay it a bit

I think its more to do with a shockingly poor marketing strategy than timing but ofcourse the timing didn't help.

I really hope they sell a lot more for the sake of the game the devs and the series.
    It would be a shame to lose a potential titanfall 3.
    Such a great game, fantastic campaign and absolutely action packed multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Looks like it's going to be in sale a lot over black Friday/cyber Monday so hopefully that will help with word of mouth too. Let's hope it does a rainbow 6

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Awh PC only I presume? Cheapest I seem to found it online for the PS4 is around £40, anyone know anywhere lower?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=titanfall+2

If anyone is gonna find the cheapest copy of Titanfall 2- it's the punters on this website. Was as cheap as £19.99 earlier but it sold out.

If you want it immediately its €39.99 on PSN

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=titanfall+2

If anyone is gonna find the cheapest copy of Titanfall 2- it's the punters on this website. Was as cheap as £19.99 earlier but it sold out.

If you want it immediately its €39.99 on PSN

30 gbp on PS4 also ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

$36 canadian dollars on canadian PSN,works out about €25

Advertisement