Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

EoinHef wrote: »
    $36 canadian dollars on canadian PSN,works out about €25

It's actually CAN$47.99 which is around €33

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=titanfall+2

If anyone is gonna find the cheapest copy of Titanfall 2- it's the punters on this website. Was as cheap as £19.99 earlier but it sold out.

If you want it immediately its €39.99 on PSN

The £20 deal was in store in the U.K., I picked it up off the store. €40 is a great price considering the game is only out a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Is there a boards network for this on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Picked it up with the voucher on PS4 really enjoying the Campaign! Just need to get used to using R2/L2 instead of R1/L1 they should really allow that config tried one game pilot vs pilot and got hammered lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It's actually CAN$47.99 which is around €33

Could have swore i saw it at $35.99 in the flash sale. Apologies if i mis read it.

Just picked up the game for €24.99 on PC in Argos of all places,feels weird buying a physical copy for PC. Its probably just a code but still

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Could have swore i saw it at $35.99 in the flash sale. Apologies if i mis read it.

Just picked up the game for €24.99 on PC in Argos of all places,feels weird buying a physical copy for PC. Its probably just a code but still

If you were taking it from the list I posted in the PlayStation bargains thread, they were US prices, I edited the post to say US price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 monsterhunter

Picked up PS4 version today for €34.99 in Smyths. Also was €36.99 in Argos...

Wow,looks stunning on PC. Currently playing through the SP.

That level design is immediately apparent alright,in the opening section looking for the battery,especially the maze bit,it all feels very fluid and intuitive.

Audio is very good,the echo from the DMR is pretty meaty and just what i like. Very noticable immediately.

Best of all it runs like a dream for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wow,looks stunning on PC. Currently playing through the SP.

That level design is immediately apparent alright,in the opening section looking for the battery,especially the maze bit,it all feels very fluid and intuitive.

Audio is very good,the echo from the DMR is pretty meaty and just what i like. Very noticable immediately.

Best of all it runs like a dream for me:)

Singleplayer is better than HL2 :eek:

Very short but very very enjoyable.

MP is awesome too.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Singleplayer is better than HL2 :eek:

Very short but very very enjoyable.

MP is awesome too.

There is a moment where everything stands still in the SP and its absolutely brilliant. It really captures what the game is about.

Im surprised by its scale a lot of the time,there are huge areas where the goal is to run through as fast as you can which at points seems a shame because the areas are so well crafted. It would be very easy to get lost in them if not for the intuitive feel of them. Ive never really felt lost at any point nor really overly guided,really nice mix there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is anybody able to join a game of Capture The Flag? For some reason it's the only mode I can't ever find a game for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

What are the chances of TF2 being reduced again at xmas? I really want this but the PSN sale ends today and 39.99 for download is a great price for such a new game. I just dont have the money now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is anybody able to join a game of Capture The Flag? For some reason it's the only mode I can't ever find a game for

same for me

• ItsHoggie wrote: »

Lowest player numbers
    Everyone playing attrition or bounty hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lowest player numbers
    Everyone playing attrition or bounty hunt

yup, your best bet is to play the mixtape playlist and get a game of it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

After playing the Beta, I disliked the game very much. But after listening to what a few people had to say about the game, I picked it and I'm glad I did.

The campaign is brilliant so far and the few games of MP I played were equally impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Finished the campaign just now. Very good.

Cant fault it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They messed up the beta by picking that wide open map (I forget the name) because while it feels much better after a few weeks getting used to it, the beta period was way too short to do anything but hate it greatly. Eden would have been a much better choice (the one with the elevated tracks running down the middle)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Free weekend :)
    Titanfall 2 will host a free trial of the game's full multiplayer offering. The trial* will begin for EA Access and Origin Access members on November 30th, and become available for all players starting December 2nd on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Origin for PC. This will feature a full offering including all maps, modes, weapons and more including brand new content from Angel City’s Most Wanted DLC on December 3rd.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/free-multiplayer-trial/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Legionn_of_Dan

I really enjoyed it. Single player was fun and entertaining. The back story has the potential to spawn some great story lines. I liked the multiplayer but I think I may have bigged it up in my head a bit. I'm not pushed to keep playing it past two or three weeks.

F2P weekend is a great idea.

Im just about finished the SP looking forward to getting stuck into the MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Just playing the single player - surprisingly good. Looking like my game of the year so far. This time travel level is epic.

• Rezident wrote: »
    Just playing the single player - surprisingly good. Looking like my game of the year so far. This time travel level is epic.

I'd tag that as its a spoiler tbf

Angel City DLC/patch is out today. Id have no interest in the customisation options usually, but I'm almost tempted to buy some to (a) encourage EA in this model of DLC and (b) give Respawn some hard earned extra income!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I plan on getting this at xmas just dont have the cash now. I hope they continue the series from what i've seen of it looks very well made and everyone here is raving about the single player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played a couple of MP games yesterday. One cash grab thingy which I forgot I was supposed to bring cash back to a base :P
    Other was last titanfall standing which was funny.

Had no clue what I was doing for most of it however for the last round I went on a bit of a ramage, tearing 3 titans arms off and beating them silly with them. I laughed, then I died to the two other titans behind me. Either way, I had my fun.

Will play a few more gemes later to see if I can get the hang of it.

They've a few things I'd love them to sort out:

1) Reapers
    2) Shots being blocked by your own team mates Titan drop shield
    3) The multiplayer interface (they ought to get some advice from DICE on this as theirs are sublime)
    4) REAPERS
    5) The Crash Site map has way too many easily accessible areas that are "off the map", and some of the other maps do too. They're just spots that are high up though, not actually off the edges.
    6) Those ****ing Reapers. Not really for how annoying they are to play *against* (although, yes, they are) but also your own Reapers have a very annoying tendency to block an escape route behind your own Titan, which you usually learn at the worst possible moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

MJohnston wrote: »
    They've a few things I'd love them to sort out:

1) Reapers
    2) Shots being blocked by your own team mates Titan drop shield
    3) The multiplayer interface (they ought to get some advice from DICE on this as theirs are sublime)
    4) REAPERS
    5) The Crash Site map has way too many easily accessible areas that are "off the map", and some of the other maps do too. They're just spots that are high up though, not actually off the edges.
    6) Those ****ing Reapers. Not really for how annoying they are to play *against* (although, yes, they are) but also your own Reapers have a very annoying tendency to block an escape route behind your own Titan, which you usually learn at the worst possible moment.

1. I have no problem with reapers,easy to kill.
    2.Totally agree here
    3.DICE ui sublime? i don't think so
    4.lol
    5.never an issue to me either
    6.again no issue

sorry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I don't get all the hype about the single player element? Maybe it's because the last few games I've been playing are the Dark Souls series, Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor and GTA V, all of which have a lot of hours of game play but I found TF 2 way too short and it felt really incohesive and incomplete. Yeah the mechanics were good but I felt like it was just something they crowbarred in at the end.

Loving the multiplayer though getting lots of mileage out of it anyway

Advertisement