Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought the campaign was great. Very short but it had all the fat trimmed off and had surprisingly clever elements to it.

I'm loving the multiplayer. I think only one thing annoys me and that's after you finish the campaign, the menu doesn't put Multiplayer at the top then, and I click single player a lot by accident (My fault like) and then have to sit through a loading screen.

There was a game which I can't remember the name of that uses to leave the last chosen game type at the top of the menu. Might have been one of the CODs. A very small thing, granted but...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dcully wrote: »
    3.DICE ui sublime? i don't think so

SW Battlefront and BF1 both have excellent Multiplayer menus, clean and simple yet very functional. Titanfall's is just a bit too vague and messy - like why are there two pages of mode options when they'd fit on a single page? And it's all a bit plain too. Anyway, just personal opinion, but 1 decent UI designer on their team could have fixed the whole thing.
    5.never an issue to me either

You don't use the Grapple hook then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Grayditch wrote: »
    I thought the campaign was great. Very short but it had all the fat trimmed off and had surprisingly clever elements to it.

I'm loving the multiplayer. I think only one thing annoys me and that's after you finish the campaign, the menu doesn't put Multiplayer at the top then, and I click single player a lot by accident (My fault like) and then have to sit through a loading screen.

There was a game which I can't remember the name of that uses to leave the last chosen game type at the top of the menu. Might have been one of the CODs. A very small thing, granted but...

Yup, I've done that. . .longest load time in the history of the earth*

*not really but I was eager to get a quick MP game in before she made me do something around the house!

• What I had noticed is a surge in the number of players in the last couple of days.
    Black Friday sales helped I assumed.
    I would hope the free weekend will help obtain a bigger player base when people realize how good the game actually is I'm sure they will buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't get all the hype about the single player element? Maybe it's because the last few games I've been playing are the Dark Souls series, Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor and GTA V, all of which have a lot of hours of game play but I found TF 2 way too short and it felt really incohesive and incomplete. Yeah the mechanics were good but I felt like it was just something they crowbarred in at the end.

Loving the multiplayer though getting lots of mileage out of it anyway

i couldn't disagree more on that front, if anything the story is very straightforward. As an FPS campaign, its head and shoulders above anything else released in the last few years for me, 99% of campaigns are pure muck just to tide you over until you start playing the multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I find myself unreasonably pleased that they have finally and correctly switched the placement of Attrition and Bounty Hunt around in the menus.

I find myself unreasonably pleased that they have finally and correctly switched the placement of Attrition and Bounty Hunt around in the menus.

I havent played since the patch, have they put all game modes on the same screen now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I havent played since the patch, have they put all game modes on the same screen now?

No, they haven't. I didn't even know there were other modes until I saw it on reddit today.

I got this in a black friday sale like a lot of people I suspect. I played a bit of it Thursday night and found it good, but couldn't understand people saying it was better than BF1. I'd played a good bit of BF1 as my housemate has it so I ordered it on Friday as well.

The last 2 days though I just can't stop playing TF2. Most addictive game I've played in a long time. The mp just gets better and better. I'm usually very good at mp fps but I was finishing last in every game at the start. The more I play the more I learn new things. It takes time to get to grips with the Titans but when it comes together its very rewarding.

What Titans are everyone using the most? I'm using the small lad I can't think of his name. Think its Northface or something? I find him the easiest to use but his defense is shocking. I've only used ion and legion after him.

hefferboi wrote: »

What Titans are everyone using the most? I'm using the small lad I can't think of his name. Think its Northface or something? I find him the easiest to use but his defense is shocking. I've only used ion and legion after him.

The current consensus would be that Tone is the strongest, but I'm personally a fan of ION.

I reckon if you dive deeply enough into it, you'd find that each titan has their own strengths and weaknesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The current consensus would be that Tone is the strongest, but I'm personally a fan of ION.

I reckon if you dive deeply enough into it, you'd find that each titan has their own strengths and weaknesses.

I don't think I've even tried Tone yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tone is definitely the most popular, but Ion's still a great all-rounder and if you're playing on the right map and hunt in packs, the Northstar can be devastating. I've seen a pair of players working together as a Northstar and Ronin team and the results were quick and messy. Still trying my hand at Legion cause it's one of those Titans that is more situational than Tone or Ion.

I don't know why, but Scorch just never features for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I nearly always use Tone but sometimes I switch to Ion. I've had a lot of trouble fighting against Legion but it's too slow for me to use, I just get angry when everyone runs away from my attack and comes back after my gun shield expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Scorch is piss, I think it's only good against pilots really. I'm currently heavily invested in Tone, but really enjoyed Northstar too, the cluster missile is fantastic against pilots, and the charge rifle is great for targeting weak spots. The tether traps are pretty rubbish though unless you pick the dual ones (in which case you'll lose the cluster missile I believe). I haven't really given the others a go, other than one round on Legion where I decided it was impossibly slow for the map design.

I like Scorch, but it's a matter of having to take down at least two titans before he is inevitably ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Theres a free weekend on this for PS4, XBox and PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I've been playing the free weekend on XBOne, and I, stunned by how good this is! The online is fantastic, can definitely see myself picking this up.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I've been playing the free weekend on XBOne, and I, stunned by how good this is! The online is fantastic, can definitely see myself picking this up.

We had a full party going last night, and in fairness to the matchmaking it consistently put us up against mostly full parties. Pubstomping is grand and all, but those hard fought victories are way more satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I am so rubbish at this game. I think it's a consequence of growing up and having to share my time with wife and baby (stupid lifestyle changes!). I'm struggling to get much time on it, still lost on the maps, could not tell you about the weapons, terrible in the titans - always come up against 2-3 enemy titans in cahoots and I'm dead in minus time!

Anyway, still enjoying the snippets of game time that I do get.

The movement is so fluid and quick, it feels so satisfying to get a few good kills. I've heard the campaign is good as well. Very pleasantly surprised by this, the free weekend was a great shout, unlikely to have tried it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

think I will pick this up............Have Battlefield and Call of Duty on the go, but this has that pick up and play feel, unlike Battlefield where I feel that I can never dip in and out,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im generally not FPS Shooter guy but this is great fun. Definitely picking it up.

It reminds me a bit of Attack on Titan, the pace and movement is so well done. Grappling onto an enemy titan and taking it down feels like a genuine achievement. I haven't played an FPS I've enjoyed this much in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm already bored of it and it's just like the first game. It looks great, runs great but it's all just so samey.

• I'm already bored of it and it's just like the first game. It looks great, runs great but it's all just so samey.

Eh no

Samey? Go way outa that

Played with a party tonight. Still enjoying it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just monstered through about 5 levels in as many games there, was having some nice results. I've switched back to the Ion from Tone and I'm finding it more flexible and that I'm surviving a lot longer. If I could remember the maps at all, I'd try out the long range and melee titans more, I always forget to switch type after the match starts cause I want no delays to getting stuck in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just started playing late Sunday night.

Having a blast. Trying all the game modes. I really like a good few of the modes. Bounty hunt with the banking system is a nice addition. Hell there are loads of cool new things.

Greatly improved over the original.

Just when I thought I was out of Titanfall for good...

66354-Al-Pacino-they-pull-me-back-in-0v9d.gif

Just started playing late Sunday night.

Having a blast. Trying all the game modes. I really like a good few of the modes. Bounty hunt with the banking system is a nice addition. Hell there are loads of cool new things.

Greatly improved over the original.

Just when I thought I was out of Titanfall for good...

66354-Al-Pacino-they-pull-me-back-in-0v9d.gif

welcome-to-the-jc27bb.jpg

Its savage alright. If we can get a full party going again, we'll have to try some last titan standing, that used to be very tense back in TF1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

welcome-to-the-jc27bb.jpg

Its savage alright. If we can get a full party going again, we'll have to try some last titan standing, that used to be very tense back in TF1.
    Ha ha. I bet you waited all year to post that in December.

Is it just me or has Sarah been getting a tonne of botox since Titanfall 1.

Watching all the Titan briefings was awesome last night. Its amazing what they all can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Got a good few games in yesterday. Finally ventured into Capture the Flag - there are some pilots who can really move around the maps! Spending most time in Attrition and Bounty Hunt so far - need to learn the maps of BH to find out where the other team's bank is; turn the tables on those who try to set up shop in my team's.

Also finally unlocked the Nuclear Detonation for Tone. So now when I'm losing a scrap and I dash forward as a last gasp it'll actually make an impact (silly me - thought Titans had that effect from the start). Want to play Ronin more, but I'm better at a distance it seems so Tone is more fitting.

🤪

Advertisement