Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The campaign was f**king fantastic. One of the best I've played in years. And the perfect length. I just came to post that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

The campaign was f**king fantastic. One of the best I've played in years. And the perfect length. I just came to post that :pac:

I have this on the back burner until i finish tomb raider but even from the small bit of the campaign i've played it looks amazing on the Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This, as awesome as the Doom single player was, Titanfall 2 blows it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Venom wrote: »
    This, as awesome as the Doom single player was, Titanfall 2 blows it away.

And none of this 2 weeks nonsense. 2 evenings of heart pounding spectacle and done, quick cigarette and cab money is on the bedside locker, don't call

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Only heading back home after 2+ weeks in Dublin without Titanfall (tried to get the brother to buy it, no dice, the fool!)

Anyway, I've to catch a boat, then a serious drive all the while gumming for a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm still addicted, on Gen 3 now, again trying out different weapons combos on each regeneration. But...they could be doing with announcing some more content or modes soon, my interest is beginning to lessen slightly. That said, player numbers are up massively since the start of December, so hopefully it sold well in the sales and for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'm still addicted, on Gen 3 now, again trying out different weapons combos on each regeneration. But...they could be doing with announcing some more content or modes soon, my interest is beginning to lessen slightly. That said, player numbers are up massively since the start of December, so hopefully it sold well in the sales and for Christmas.

Hopped on tonight myself, and regened for the first time, great to see nearly 30K players online. Finally spent some credits as well to keep my favourite faction open and grab a few weapons I favour. I think I'll try and main scorch this generation for a bit of variety. One thing I liked a out the first game was how you had to complete specific challenges to allow you to Regen. It encouraged experimentation with weapons outside your comfort zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Picked this up over christmas, loving it so far. Just playing last titan standing so far, quick question

I see lads hopping out of titan to get a battery, what does this do? Some do it at start of level and some later on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Picked this up over christmas, loving it so far. Just playing last titan standing so far, quick question

I see lads hopping out of titan to get a battery, what does this do? Some do it at start of level and some later on

Refills your Titan's health I think.

IvoryTower wrote: »

When you jump onto the top of an enemy Titan (rodeoing), you'll pull out the Titan's battery after a few seconds, which will drain its health considerably. It'll also give you a battery that you can then insert into a friendly Titan (by rodeoing them), or your own Titan (just by boarding it as normal). That'll give the friendly Titan a shield that'll protect it for a bit before its health is affected.

If a pilot carrying a battery (you can see the green glow off them) is killed, the battery will be dropped and anyone else can pick it up by running over it.

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Refills your Titan's health I think.

Not quite - a Titan's health will only go down, but the shield bar is separate from it.

Okay that's good to know thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I think im great if I get one kill in the titan.

Watch the 2 titanfall clips in this :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

New content coming soon, New game mode, 2 new maps, new Coliseum map and a new menu layout.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-13/

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    New content coming soon, New game mode, 2 new maps, new Coliseum map and a new menu layout.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-13/

Seems like the two new maps are specifically only for that new Live Fire game mode, which is a bit disappointing as I don't think I'll ever play a mode without any Titans in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Really want to play Titanfall 2 but for 9 hours now, it's still only at 26% downloaded.

Server update overnight has changed a few weapon stats, details are in the FAQ menu. Notably they've nerfed the Pilot Sentry, which Im happy about, because they were so deadly before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

F**k people who use sentrys! I did a regeneration thing today.

I use the sentries all the time, but thankfully now there'll be a bit of skill to where they need to be placed, as they have a much shorter accuracy range.

Anyone know if you can leave a match during the epilogue if you're dead without any win/loss penalty?

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can leave a match during the epilogue if you're dead without any win/loss penalty?

Doesn't it flash up a warning if it counts as a loss?

Does the epilogue matter at all? I usually just use it for teabagging or checking my phone

I think it's one of the best parts of a multiplayer game. Even if you lose the match you can feel good about the game if you escape in the dropship. Victory feels even better when you wipe out the opposing team too.

By the way, if you're uninterested in doing the dropship escape, make sure and suicide yourself (in game!), because if all your team mates board the dropship apart from you, it'll wait until the countdown is finished. But if all living teammates are aboard, it'll leave immediately, giving it a better chance of survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

You know I love this game. I suck at it, but I love it. The problem is the match making is broken. Time after time it puts me up with generation 10 players (I am g2). The kids that get 30+ kills with 1 or 2 deaths. Had a kid the other night that went 48 and 8. I just don't get why it would put such high ranking players in a match with me when I struggle in most games to get 10 kills. I mean congrats to those kids and all, but when you take one step outside your spawn and get killed, then you're not learning anything and not improving. It's gotten to the point now where I know gamer tags and actually quit out as the game is loading, as playing against them is utterly soul destroying and pointless.

/rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Muppet Man wrote: »
    You know I love this game. I suck at it, but I love it. The problem is the match making is broken. Time after time it puts me up with generation 10 players (I am g2). The kids that get 30+ kills with 1 or 2 deaths. Had a kid the other night that went 48 and 8. I just don't get why it would put such high ranking players in a match with me when I struggle in most games to get 10 kills. I mean congrats to those kids and all, but when you take one step outside your spawn and get killed, then you're not learning anything and not improving. It's gotten to the point now where I know gamer tags and actually quit out as the game is loading, as playing against them is utterly soul destroying and pointless.

/rant over.

Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) is a sweaty mess where every game is completive and does not allow a breather to experiment with new weapons and gear. Better to stomp home in some games and get stomped in others.

The best option is 2 game modes, one casual and one competitive where SBMM is in full effect, for this to truly work you would need to solo queue as team averages would still have winners and losers on both sides.

Splitting the player pool may not be an option due to player members.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Muppet Man wrote: »

/rant over.

This was a problem with TF1 purely because the player base was small. I'm not sure how big the plsyerbase is for TF2, but that could be the issue.

Benzino wrote: »
    This was a problem with TF1 purely because the player base was small. I'm not sure how big the plsyerbase is for TF2, but that could be the issue.

Like all these games, rank does not equate to skill. It's solely a measure of time invested. Granted, experience comes with repetition too.

I'd argue that the rank matching would be fine if the *skill* matching was better - it's really frustrating not being able to play well because your entire team is playing poorly against another team where 3 or more of them are racking up over 100 points. That said, this might happen to me more often because sometimes I play out of skin amazingly, and then other times I'll play like complete ****e. Game might be adding me to teams to balance them and then I have a stinker.

There are some things that are genuinely beginning to annoy me through repetition of encounter though - those ****ing Reapers spawn too often, are too hard to kill as a pilot/too deadly to pilots, aren't "invisible" when theyre on your team so they act as a giant roadblock for your Titan. Titan drop locations don't paint in logical areas sometimes - can't count the times I've been rodeoing an enemy Titan and pressed for a Titan drop (while in a valid drop spot) and instead it drops the whole way across the map - I know you're supposed to point to where you want it to drop, but when rodeoing I think it should default to "directly on top of your location" or as close as possible. Melee is too ridiculous sometimes too, people whacking you from halfway across a room, while you'll slightly misjudge your aim to the side on another that's right beside you and completely miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I'm guessing the player base is not huge, which isn't helping with any match making strategy that respawn might have had. I'm constantly running into those good guys... I know GT's well at this point. Cheers guys!

Advertisement