Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

MJohnston wrote: »
    ...... Melee is too ridiculous sometimes too, people whacking you from halfway across a room, while you'll slightly misjudge your aim to the side on another that's right beside you and completely miss.

Ya.... Agree with that. There seems to be some sweet spot distance where the melee pretty much automatically locks on. Anything too close and it's just arms and legs flailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Ain't a fan of the match making in this game at all as well. The other night there was 10k+ players online and the only game mode I could join was Attrition :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just started the single player after getting this in Christmas sale. All I can say is wow the graphics on the pro are unbelievable. Love the game so far.. 5 stars

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The single player was fantastic imo. Didn't play much MP, but the price was worth it for the SP alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The Single Player is a mite to short I think. Multiplayer is fantastic I play every day. G2 baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Single Player is a mite to short I think. Multiplayer is fantastic I play every day. G2 baby!

I think its shortness is one of its best features. Id rather more games were like titanfall in that regard.

Live Fire update out tomorrow, Double XP Thursday-Monday

https://twitter.com/titanfallgame/status/834462822709002240

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Live Fire will come with a decent sized patch too, notes are here https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update

Some notable changes:

"Added some out of bounds triggers and props to block off areas for Crashsite and Complex."
    "Titans that are invulnerable while performing executions will have their lifebars colored gold and flashing to communicate their invulnerability."
    "Capped max range of Reapers' weapons in Attrition."
    "Increasing crit damage Pilots deal to Reapers in Multiplayer."

And one that I'm kind of sad about:
    "Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

"Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter."

Thats cheating and you know it! :pac:

Well its not cheating as it used to be part of the game! I used to love going on a Ronin rampage, then using the auto-phase together with the nuclear eject to take out a few Titans, and then immediately get enough meter to get another Titan drop (bonus points: dropping that new Titan onto any remaining enemy Titans)

• Advertisement

Well its not cheating as it used to be part of the game! I used to love going on a Ronin rampage, then using the auto-phase together with the nuclear eject to take out a few Titans, and then immediately get enough meter to get another Titan drop (bonus points: dropping that new Titan onto any remaining enemy Titans)

Don't think he was being serious about "cheating" bud!

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Don't think he was being serious about "cheating" bud!

Don't worry, didn't think he was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played the new mode yet? Would love to hear some early impression's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a few rounds didn't think much of it.

Post your stats overview page, for fun:

0dBKEZw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just finished the campaign and i have to say it's excellent. I enjoyed that more than any other FPS single player campaign I've ever played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

They finally added an option to get rid of the film grain! Now I can actually play this game. Madness that it wasn't there from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They finally added an option to get rid of the film grain! Now I can actually play this game. Madness that it wasn't there from the start.

The what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The what?
    The graphics "feature" that made the game look as it would if you had cataracts can now be disabled via a new film grain slider in your GFX settings. Joy.

Btw, you might not have noticed, but the FOV slider got reset with the Live Fire update. I was wondering why the game felt like I was running really slowly, turns out the FOV was all the way back down and that makes a difference to how fast it feels.

• Advertisement

A new remake map (Colony), new gun (R-101 carbine from TF1), and some new Prime Titans and executions and such coming next Thursday:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-23-titanfall-2s-next-free-dlc-detailed

Colony is a nice map, unfortunately numbers have really dropped off on PC atleast.
    I used to be able to get into a game in seconds its more like a 5-15 min wait now, and with 5 game modes selected for matchmaking to choose from.

Dcully wrote: »
    Colony is a nice map, unfortunately numbers have really dropped off on PC atleast.
    I used to be able to get into a game in seconds its more like a 5-15 min wait now, and with 5 game modes selected for matchmaking to choose from.

It's as good as ever on Xbox One, but only with Attrition or Hardpoint. Skirmish is really hard to find games for, even with double XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Free weekend this week but doubt anyone who doesnt have it reads this thread.

Two more maps, a new game mode, two Live Fire maps, gen level cap increase to 100, and a completely new Titan type coming to multiplayer sometime between now and June:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-13

:D

More modes will only fragment an already terribly split and small community, more maps yes more modes no.

They should show how many people are playing in each mode so you can see ahead of time how long you might to wait.

Also, they really should have implemented cross platform multiplayer.

Cross platform would end up with console users crying that they get their ass kicked by pc players with its superior controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dcully wrote: »
    Cross platform would end up with console users crying that they get their ass kicked by pc players with its superior controls.
    Insert PC elitist GIF :)

• Advertisement

Cross platform on just consoles would be good enough too.

Advertisement