Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

This sort of stuff never happens to me, but I got myself a 4 for 1 postmortem frag megakill recently (xbone) and felt I should tell the world...

Its true.... I left a girlish squeal out of me afterwards. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I finished the campaign last week.....great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• That's me jumped back in. Coop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If in doubt, add Horde mode. Could be fun. I do like the trailer though, but I am a sucker for the Ronin titan!

🤪

More here... looks pretty awesome IMHO...

Operation frontier shield

They claim numbers are on the up...

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Muppet Man wrote: »
    More here... looks pretty awesome IMHO...

Operation frontier shield

They claim numbers are on the up...

MM

probably true. Its been on sale a few times, and is going into the EA vault soon so, going to see another spike on xbox too.

• Late bloomer, people starting to cop on to the level of quality and affordability here compared to the usual COD thrash ect..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Muppet Man wrote: »

FREE TRIAL!

"On July 28th through the 30th we will be hosting another free trial for Titanfall 2 on all platforms. You will have access to the training gauntlet, the single player mission, The Beacon, and full access to multiplayer during this time. If you want to get a head start you can download the demo version of Titanfall 2 right now and play training and The Beacon in the meantime and you’ll be good to go when we flip on multiplayer on the 28th."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Late bloomer, people starting to cop on to the level of quality and affordability here compared to the usual COD thrash ect..

Yep, I remember playing COD years ago and I could never get into it but with this game I'm actually enjoying multiplayer and used to never play competitive multiplayer modes in games much. Coop mode looks really interesting too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Been a while. Fantastic game I'm itching to get back into it. Think this will be my dip in for a bit of fun to break up the long slog of Witcher 3.

You've gotta hand it to them, all this free DLC is absolutely fantastic value for money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing this since launch on PC,numbers died off so fast that it became hard to get a game of your favourite modes.
    Thankfully ive seen a big increase in player count.
    Brilliant game far better than both games it was competing with at launch BF1 and whatever COD ****e it was.
    My son got it recently on XBone , great game too but sooo much slower gameplay than on PC.

Dcully wrote: »
    Playing this since launch on PC,numbers died off so fast that it became hard to get a game of your favourite modes.
    Thankfully ive seen a big increase in player count.
    Brilliant game far better than both games it was competing with at launch BF1 and whatever COD ****e it was.
    My son got it recently on XBone , great game too but sooo much slower gameplay than on PC.

Better than BF1? I strongly disagree and if we were to go looking at player numbers then I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority. Can't comment on COD.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Better than BF1? I strongly disagree and if we were to go looking at player numbers then I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority. Can't comment on COD.

I don't think player numbers are the metric to go by when judging quality / enjoyment in many cases.

Aside from a disastrous launch strategy, they've done a lot of things right with Titanfall 2 in terms of offering trials, DLC, etc. Just a shame they timed the launch to compete with CoD (and BF1 to a lesser extent, but still def had an impact!).

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I don't think player numbers are the metric to go by when judging quality / enjoyment in many cases.

Aside from a disastrous launch strategy, they've done a lot of things right with Titanfall 2 in terms of offering trials, DLC, etc. Just a shame they timed the launch to compete with CoD (and BF1 to a lesser extent, but still def had an impact!).

Online multiplayer games, how would you like them measured. They're giving everything away for free to try and stay relevant, I play both but BF1 leaves it for dead.

Edit: TF2 won a lot of praise for it's single player campaign and a lot of people dropped the game after that, I've played the campaign twice and sunk a fair few hours into MP but since buying BF1, I've played it very little.

Online multiplayer games, how would you like them measured. They're giving everything away for free to try and stay relevant, I play both but BF1 leaves it for dead.

The plan was always to give all DLC for free. A bigger player base is not a stamp of quality.

The plan was always to give all DLC for free. A bigger player base is not a stamp of quality.

Quality, better, use any word you want.

Sure people are still going to play COD whether it's the best game out there or not, maybe it's what their friends are playing.

If you struggle to matchmake in a GOOD game then what is wrong, people ain't playing it. They sold TF2 cheap and all dlc is free but there are better games out there, I own both and BF1 is a better game, in my opinion, how can you guage the better game, player base? I'm open to other suggestions just not more of "well that's not the best option" argument.

I was more making the point that you can't just say, x many people play this, therefore it's better. BF1 is a good game; TF2 is a good game. In some people's opinion, one is better than the other. Luckily, there are two great games on the market.

Anyways, maybe EA will get the launch right with Titanfall 3...bit I have my doubts :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Titanfall 2 campaign took a Titan sized dump on Battlefield 1 campaign for starters :D

It was a fantastic campaign. I didn't expect it to be so good.

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I was more making the point that you can't just say, x many people play this, therefore it's better. BF1 is a good game; TF2 is a good game. In some people's opinion, one is better than the other. Luckily, there are two great games on the market.

Anyways, maybe EA will get the launch right with Titanfall 3...bit I have my doubts :D

And very different games at that, I like both and played a fair amount of TF2 but not so much since I got into BF1, if I'm playing solo I may jump into TF2 for a few rounds but in a group I'm hitting BF1. The speed of TF2 just didn't lend well to cohesive team play, will not on my skill level anyway.
    Titanfall 2 campaign took a Titan sized dump on Battlefield 1 campaign for starters :D

It was a fantastic campaign. I didn't expect it to be so good.

We were discussing MP, I have yet to hear one account of BF1 having a better campaign than TF2. I played TF2 campaign twice, great pacing and well worth the purchase price even if MP isn't your thing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

And very different games at that, I like both and played a fair amount of TF2 but not so much since I got into BF1, if I'm playing solo I may jump into TF2 for a few rounds but in a group I'm hitting BF1. The speed of TF2 just didn't lend well to cohesive team play, will not on my skill level anyway.

You kind of answered your own question here. You're judging the game's quality on your own enjoyment/experience/critique of it not how many people bought or play it.

Its hardly giving away DLC to stay relevant, if that's the case Overwatch and Rainbow 6 Seige are in the same camp.
    I'm also pretty sure battlefield 1's player count has declined massively since launch.
    I think the hope at launch was that it would directly challenge Call of Duty, as this is the game thats most similar to it - and it definitely deserved more sales than it got.

They're obviously very different games, but places where i'd give the edge to titanfall 2 over battlefield 1
    • campaign - TF2 is way better, no contest
    • gamemodes - Battlefield is great, but its always essentially conquest or rush, fought on varying scales
    • customisation - camos, calling card and attachments are all unlocked by performing feats in game, headshots, kills etc - the way it should be, as opposed to random battleback drops.
    • weapons - far greater variety of guns in TF2 with many viable options, BF1 still has wonky weapons like that shotgun that one hit kills from miles away.
    • loading times / optimisation - sweet jesus BF1, I have a solid state drive and its still painful
    • Solo play - bf1 can be proper miserable if you dont get a good squad, TF2 is more of a casual drop in, one man army type of game
    • Giant robots /s

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You kind of answered your own question here. You're judging the game's quality on your own enjoyment/experience/critique of it not how many people bought or play it.

What? Of course I'm using my own opinion!

Cully said earlier than it was better than both COD and BF1, I stated no it wasn't and gave playerbase as an example.

What? Of course I'm using my own opinion!

Cully said earlier than it was better than both COD and BF1, I stated no it wasn't and gave playerbase as an example.

Yeah, and not to speak for Cully, but thats his opinion, you cant judge something based on an outside factor.

is a film any less good if only a few people see it?

• campaign - TF2 is way better, no contest
    • gamemodes - Battlefield is great, but its always essentially conquest or rush, fought on varying scales
    • customisation - camos, calling card and attachments are all unlocked by performing feats in game, headshots, kills etc - the way it should be, as opposed to random battleback drops.
    • weapons - far greater variety of guns in TF2 with many viable options, BF1 still has wonky weapons like that shotgun that one hit kills from miles away.
    • loading times / optimisation - sweet jesus BF1, I have a solid state drive and its still painful
    • Solo play - bf1 can be proper miserable if you dont get a good squad, TF2 is more of a casual drop in, one man army type of game
    • Giant robots /s
    • No argumnet on the campaign.
    • Don't forget Operations. TF2 on ps4 can only get matchmade in 3, max 4 modes so things are pretty similar between both games on that front.
    • Customisation is the same in BF1, they only things that drop in loot crates are cosmetics. Weapons are unlocked by completing tasks in game.
    • Variety of weapons, I'm not so sure on that, they seem similar and in fact I think BF1 may have the edge when all things are considered.
    • I don't see any major loading issues, you can also take into account the length of the games as opposed to re-matchmaking twice maybe three times in other games. I hear ya on that shotgun though!
    • Planes, tanks and ****!

I like both games and will continue to play both as they are very different games. Even though it lags behind in player numbers, I'm guessing the game is still condered a success if they are still spitting out dlc, if they could convert more numbers over from COD then it could be a real hit next time around although I won't be holding out too much faith in that happening.
    Yeah, and not to speak for Cully, but thats his opinion, you cant judge something based on an outside factor.

is a film any less good if only a few people see it?

We've been through this...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Annnnnyyyywwaaayyyy.....

So, help me out here, who plays this on Xbox One (or maybe even PS4)? Because I've been getting so frustrated with a couple of little issues recently, and I can't figure out whether it's the game, or my controller is just slightly off.

First little issue is that very frequently (but not constantly), I'll click the right stick to melee someone and it'll go for an execution instead, which I thought was triggered by a long click on the stick instead. Does this happen to anyone else? 9 times out of 10 I get killed before the execution is done, and I didn't want to do it anyway (I've already unlocked all the executions). Is it supposed to require a longer press on the R stick, or does an execution just always happen when you melee someone from behind?

Second little issue is with Titan ejects - this is something that I never had a problem with before, but then I took a couple months off playing the game and when I came back it's been happening A LOT - I'll be on just over the 0% health meter (pre-doomed state) and I'm in a ruckus, so I'm mashing away at the X button to ensure I eject safely, but so many times another Titan will execute me even though I'm nearly certain I'd gotten a few X presses in before they triggered the execution animation. Have they changed this in a recent patch? Is it just something that happens to the Monarchs a lot?

Both of these things could be caused by a janky controller (almost tempted to get an Elite controller), or changes to the game in a patch. Or indeed it could be my flagrant lack of skill, but they're both things that didn't used to happen previously.

Also, I'll take this moment to say that I still ****ING hate Reapers, they need to nerf their health slightly, or reduce the number of them that spawn in a match, and they need to stop friendly Reapers blocking Titan movement. GAH!

MJohnston wrote: »
    Annnnnyyyywwaaayyyy.....

So, help me out here, who plays this on Xbox One (or maybe even PS4)? Because I've been getting so frustrated with a couple of little issues recently, and I can't figure out whether it's the game, or my controller is just slightly off.

First little issue is that very frequently (but not constantly), I'll click the right stick to melee someone and it'll go for an execution instead, which I thought was triggered by a long click on the stick instead. Does this happen to anyone else? 9 times out of 10 I get killed before the execution is done, and I didn't want to do it anyway (I've already unlocked all the executions). Is it supposed to require a longer press on the R stick, or does an execution just always happen when you melee someone from behind?

Second little issue is with Titan ejects - this is something that I never had a problem with before, but then I took a couple months off playing the game and when I came back it's been happening A LOT - I'll be on just over the 0% health meter (pre-doomed state) and I'm in a ruckus, so I'm mashing away at the X button to ensure I eject safely, but so many times another Titan will execute me even though I'm nearly certain I'd gotten a few X presses in before they triggered the execution animation. Have they changed this in a recent patch? Is it just something that happens to the Monarchs a lot?

Both of these things could be caused by a janky controller (almost tempted to get an Elite controller), or changes to the game in a patch. Or indeed it could be my flagrant lack of skill, but they're both things that didn't used to happen previously.

Also, I'll take this moment to say that I still ****ING hate Reapers, they need to nerf their health slightly, or reduce the number of them that spawn in a match, and they need to stop friendly Reapers blocking Titan movement. GAH!

I think executions are triggered by melee's from behind and not by holding down the button. Honestly, it may just be your timing on the ejection, can you plug in your controller to a pc and test all buttons and sticks, that should be pretty conclusive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Maybe i should rephrase better to i enjoyed more . Bf1 abd tf2 are vastly different eexperiences probably silly to even compare.

• Advertisement

Mjohnston - I play on xbox one and havent noticed these, but I use the Evolve layout, so melee is button B for me... button press might be different to stick press...

I dont play enough Attrition to comment on the Ejection sequence... guess you just need to get out a bit sooner. A rare case when premature ejection might be useful ;)

I also tend to use Auto-Titan a lot TBH.

GT: Sharperkiller - if you want to add me.

Muppet Man

Advertisement