Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

FTR, re BF1 v TF2... played both and would always come back to TF2. Everyone to their own thing though, both great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Haven't stopped playing this on PS4 since launch and never had any problems finding players.
    Played BF1 and couldn't stand the boredom (think I described it as a hiking simulator to my brother at the time).

Looking forward to the new update and good to see even more people online on it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Co-op DLC is out today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Melee is ruining the game for me lately, its an absolute joke, pumping rounds into guys and they lunge at me from 15 feet away to kill me, i can do it them too ofcourse but ffs its not a mellee combat game,its ridiculous and apparently according to reddit the devs refuse to address it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dcully wrote: »
    Melee is ruining the game for me lately, its an absolute joke, pumping rounds into guys and they lunge at me from 15 feet away to kill me, i can do it them too ofcourse but ffs its not a mellee combat game,its ridiculous and apparently according to reddit the devs refuse to address it.

from the patch notes
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes/p1?new=1

Melee
    Lunge time and melee hit frames changed to .3 seconds from .2 seconds. This will help people firing weapons, particularly automatic weapons, get extra shots in before the lunge completes.
    Melee lunge range reduced.
    Non-lunge melee attack range increased. This will help with the cases where melee looks like it should hit but doesn’t connect with the target.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well thank fcuk for that, hopefully it makes a difference.

Dcully wrote: »
    Well thank fcuk for that, hopefully it makes a difference.

Definitely makes a difference, I got a few R201 kills last night where people were running at me expecting for a Melee lock on and I was able to cut them down. Previously I Would have been killed.

I didnt notice any significant difference to the G2, only a very marginal decrease in fire rate - so people are still using it, and still raping with it. If anything the slower fire rate has made it more accurate by forcing people to slow down and take aim instead of spamming the trigger.

I played a quick game of frontier defense and I REALLY liked it... I liked the way it pulls you out of the base into the map to address some secondary objectives which have to be sorted out quickly. So its not just about defending one objective. It will help if you are in a game chat, and matchmaking was also really quick last night for this.

All in all, I like this update a lot.

Muppet Man.

• How big is the Xbox 1 patch for the coop?

Didnt seem that big Mick tbh... just had a message saying "Preparing game" and then it was ready a few seconds later. So it was all done in the background and couldnt have been that big...

2.6gig update on mine anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Coop is actually decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When does the new horde mode start?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

When does the new horde mode start?

It's already here, called Frontier Defence. Must be a fair few playing it too, it's taking ages to find Attrition games at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Coop has it own unlock system for pilot and titan.

You have to play on Easy then regular and then hard and very hard open up.

If your team is not coordinated you will lose the final wave by simply being over run. Even tho its easy you can lose by being too spread out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Frontier defense is so much fun!
    Having an absolute blast with it and matches last ages.

Really liking that new Rise map. Having never played the first game, can anyone tell me if that was one of the best from that game?

Agree... Frontier Defense is excellent.

Rise well, is purely subjective, but love the long lines / open spaces and ability to wall run and cover ground quickly. Certainly would have been a firm favourite with a lot of people. Many reverted to COD style camping with snipers, but that cant be helped in any game.

Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I hadn't played since around Xmas, logged into Origin and it being patched caught my eye and inspired a load-up. Very glad it did, I spent a fair few hours on Frontier Defense last night, great fun. I'd get into position and spin up Legion's gun with Gandalf shouting 'You shall not pass' in my wee noggin' ....nerdvana.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheMasterPrawn

1a3c0afb-10ff-4992-b027-75618645e1c3.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=gohZqhkl%2BqOqsNhhbiTrjNN0qXcak3aCHx8KdV2V1%2BA%3D

Thats just on Xbox, about 2 days on PC as well.

That most efficient stat is useless. Everone who ever played Legion has that.

I'm loving scorch in frontier defense, It's a mode that really plays to that titans strengths, funnel the enemies into a lane, pop a canister, then watch the world burn.
    mwahahahahaha!

• Gonna try and play some of this this evening.

It's now free for EA Access peops also

http://thisgengaming.com/2017/07/31/titanfall-2-is-now-free-for-ea-access-subscribers-on-xbox-one/

• Advertisement

What are peoples thoughts on best titan for Frontier Defence. I thought it might be Ronin with quick dash.... but it seems not. I Havent gone through them all yet though. Lots using Tone and Monarch and Scorch...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I played frontier defence for the first time last night. Really enjoyed it.

For titan I picked Legion which worked really well for me. His charged up snipe shot was perfect for stunning enemy titans and then holding the trigger destroys them very quickly.

I got a ticket for the coliseum after game as an award. Love those matches and the after match scene. Here is my match kills from last nights coliseum duel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Muppet Man wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on best titan for Frontier Defence. I thought it might be Ronin with quick dash.... but it seems not. I Havent gone through them all yet though. Lots using Tone and Monarch and Scorch...

I'm a big Legion fan, providing you have swifter forward team members. I'll find a clear vantage point within about 200m of the harvester and generally stay in long-distance mode. He excels at area control and just raw damage when needed. I've had a few games where a flank has crumbled and tactical goes out the window, the sheer rush of charging out in front of a mass of 4-5 titans , bringing up the gunshield, letting loose with it's smartcore and watching a blaze of fireworks as you hold the line....glorious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

they know how to make a trailer thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Although i think its the best part of the game im surprised to see the whole trailer focus only on the SP considering the original was MP only.

I have a feeling the game is going to become much more that just MP with a decent SP campaign.

Vince Zampella (Respawn) has said the last few days that respawn will be doing more titanfall and that resapwn are heavily invested in the titanfall universe. To me that means we could see the game branch out more.

Music to my ears,more of what we got in the campaign is exactly what i want personally.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think with the competitive multiplayer FPS market being as saturated as it is and as hard to break into and get a decent market share, Respawn shifting the focus to single player and hoard mode co-op means Titanfall has the best chance of establishing itself as a popular franchise. This pleases me as I think it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.

This game never stops giving

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I played it for the first time yesterday, enjoying the campaign so far and loving the multiplayer.
    The online is so fast paced, with little to no downtime.

I played it for the first time yesterday, enjoying the campaign so far and loving the multiplayer.
    The online is so fast paced, with little to no downtime.

its great to see people still getting into it, the way it handles is just sublime, wall running is handled perfectly and in a way that makes sense too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's also one of the best campaigns of the last few years.

Advertisement