Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand by for Titanfall...2!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't know how you could call the first game a failure Cully, it sold plenty and it had a lot of activity for some time, I'd go as far as to suggest it was a pretty solid success for a new IP's first launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They should really look at delaying the release of this as its going to get lost between the new COD l, Battlefieild 1, new chapter of Destiny Gears of War 4,I have a feeling it's going to get lost in the mix, I am surprised EA are releasing the two of them so close together! If I was EA I would delay it until Feb/Mar of next year, it would sell a shed load more then rather then releasing it this year imho!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Shiminay wrote: »
    I don't know how you could call the first game a failure Cully, it sold plenty and it had a lot of activity for some time, I'd go as far as to suggest it was a pretty solid success for a new IP's first launch.

From a gamers view it was a failure, any game that has such a massive player drop off to the point where you couldn't get a game is a failure to me as a gamer.

Yes it was possibly a solid success for a new ip financially for respawn but that wont be enough this time round.

Within 3-6 months of release matchmaking was a chore to even find a game of any sort not to mention the mode you wanted to play.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm a gamer, I don't think it was a failure... :)

EVERY game bar a few exceptions has massive player-drop after a month or 2. 3 months after the game was released, I was still getting regular games without any difficulty, so maybe it was just your platform?

I do share your concerns about it this time around though - whatever numpty in EA thought that releasing this and Battlefield within a couple of weeks of each other was a good idea needs to be drop-kicked out of the company.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm a gamer, I don't think it was a failure... :)

EVERY game bar a few exceptions has massive player-drop after a month or 2. 3 months after the game was released, I was still getting regular games without any difficulty, so maybe it was just your platform?

I do share your concerns about it this time around though - whatever numpty in EA thought that releasing this and Battlefield within a couple of weeks of each other was a good idea needs to be drop-kicked out of the company.

We as in 10-15 of us regularly played and streamed every weekend, we couldn't even find a domination game for months on PC.
    Granted this was 3 months after release but hardly acceptable for an AAA title.

Everyone was playing tdm or its equivalent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I enjoyed the first titanfall,this one feels very similar IMO,maybe even a small step backward in some ways. It feels iterative rather than a new experience so cant see myself picking it up.

Maybe down the road if it goes super cheap,which it may well do quickly,because as other posters have mentioned the BF1 launch is close so cant see people paying for two full priced games so close to each other.

Maybe EA should do a shooter pack,buy both games for €100 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I worry that this game could kill the franchise before its gotten into gear.

March 2017 would be a perfect time to release this but going head to head with COD and Battlefield is a suicide mission of epic purportion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

10 minutes of gameplay footage (attrition mode) on the PC. It looks really cool.

Also, you unlock the 1vs1 mode by drinking Mountain Dew! You can get it with in game experience as well, but jesus that's bull****.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-2s-new-1v1-mode-is-accessible-by-drinkin/1100-6443835/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Out Friday week and I'm hoping my Amazon pre-order gets to my office in Dublin on Friday before the long weekend....otherwise it'll be a tough weekend of holding back from buying another copy in the shops...

Anyone know if Amazon generally have pre-ordered games delivered early?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I worry that this game could kill the franchise before its gotten into gear.

March 2017 would be a perfect time to release this but going head to head with COD and Battlefield is a suicide mission of epic purportion.
    +1. Both games owned by EA as well, madness pitting them against each other. It looks just like the last one to be honest with a few very minor additions and a single player that probably won't be worth playing anyway. Pass.

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Out Friday week and I'm hoping my Amazon pre-order gets to my office in Dublin on Friday before the long weekend....otherwise it'll be a tough weekend of holding back from buying another copy in the shops...

Anyone know if Amazon generally have pre-ordered games delivered early?

A lot of people complaining lately about pre ordering games from Amazon. Some are waiting a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This is out on Friday. It's getting good reviews, does anybody care about it?

I know I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They should have postponed the release until February when players will have had their fill of Cod and Battlefield it would have sold really well, but by releasing it in between the other big FPS titles it's going to get lost and not sell well, can't understand EA just holding it back for a couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've gone back and forward on this. Loved the first one but really didn't enjoy the beta and with so much else out I was going to wait it out but it really does look good.

I'll waiting until it's out in the wild a couple of days but it's between this and CoD IW for me now and I'm leaning towards TF2.

Its great to hear its getting good reviews however I have no interest in the game until maybe March of next year so the question is will there still be a player base left in the game by then.

Did I hear that right in a review.... a 4 hour campaign :eek: another outlet reporting 6-7 hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Didn't like battlefield and cod is cod.
    This is perfect for me though as it's almost like assassins creed to the other twos' original tomb raider.
    The tech test had its issues but the devs seem to have changed it since then after feedback according to reviews.
    The pilot movement in this game is what I'll be going back for but I love the mechs..who doesn't love mechs? !

Did I hear that right in a review.... a 4 hour campaign :eek: another outlet reporting 6-7 hr.

Battlefield isn't looking much longer for me at the minute, haven't played hardline but definitely feels shorter than the others I've played.

• Battlefield isn't looking much longer for me at the minute, haven't played hardline but definitely feels shorter than the others I've played.

It's quality over quantity.

That's probably the only battlefield campaign of any quality. All the rest were awful.
    I credit Dice for actually putting in some effort this time around.

Titanfall 2 getting great reviews

It's campaign is also highly praised.
    Devs finally copping onto the fact how important single player components still are.
    Doom kicked them up the arse IMO, games need to be fun.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/titanfall-2-review/1900-6416561/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

After playing the iw beta I'll be givin this a go instead. Roll on the 28th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm more interested in this than in Battlefield. Looks like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's quality over quantity.

That's probably the only battlefield campaign of any quality. All the rest were awful.
    I credit Dice for actually putting in some effort this time around.

Titanfall 2 getting great reviews

It's campaign is also highly praised.
    Devs finally copping onto the fact how important single player components still are.
    Doom kicked them up the arse IMO, games need to be fun.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/titanfall-2-review/1900-6416561/

I'm all for short campaigns that don't waste my time. I'd much prefer a tight 6 hour spectacle rather than something having loads of filler in an attempt to appear to have value. Gears 4 is a perfect example of this.

The lifespan to games like this are multiplayer anyway.

A five to six hour campaign in a shooter is the perfect length for me. Especially if multiplayer is the main focus anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

A five to six hour campaign in a shooter is the perfect length for me. Especially if multiplayer is the main focus anyway.

I'd be aiming for double those hours and I enjoy PvP, it's still good to get a decent story and campaign that can either be completed solo or coop.

Cracking 5/5 review from Giantbomb http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/titanfall-2-review/1900-756/.

Think I'm picking this up on Friday - only problem now is which format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Really looking forward to this one, I've preloaded it on PC.

Anyone else playing on PC please feel free to add me on Origin, My ID is De5p.

Have it installing on PS4 now and preloaded on PC. Loved the first one and this is shaping up great, a good to great 6 hour campaign I can easily replay is far preferable to a mediocre 12 for one

Achievement / trophy list up http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-25473-Only-5--Of-Titanfall-2-Achievements-Are-For-Multiplayer.html

3, count them 1 2 3 multiplayer achievements and they are cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I'd love to give this a go but seeing as there was no beta on the PC (or I just missed it) and there is no early access trial, I'm giving it a miss for now. Not pre-ordering something I've not tried again.. Burned too much before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Cracking 5/5 review from Giantbomb http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/titanfall-2-review/1900-756/.

Think I'm picking this up on Friday - only problem now is which format.

I'm in! Really enjoyed what little I played of the first, looking forward to TF2. Shame to hear that Capture the Flag stands out as a sore point though (although that could be simply personal preference - I've found that CtF is solid in most games).

🤪

Advertisement